Old Man on the Wharf

Scanning some old slides. Here's one - Old Man on the Wharf taking in some sun, San Francisco. Ektachrome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

man..I sure like the look of old chromes...Something about that image makes it seem like a look back in time, more so then just an image capture.

Thanks for showing that.

This one has a very "3D" look. Nice one.
Yeah, my new scanner is finally doing some justice to my old slides. Just enough of background blur to give a 3-D look. Thanks Ned.

I agree with Ned about the 3D! I'll bet this one really has a lot of impact when it's projected.
Chris, don't most slides gain a lot more impact when projected? :biggrin: By the way did you ever get hold of a projector?

Nice photograph.
I also like the direct sun.
Thanks for looking Joe! For some reason I've always liked shooting in contrasty light. When it works, it's a killer effect.

Beautiful shot
Hey Gale, thanks for looking and hanging around us anachronistic film shooters!

man..I sure like the look of old chromes...Something about that image makes it seem like a look back in time, more so then just an image capture.

Thanks for showing that.
Well, I've been accused of living in the past! :smile:

Ray...........real quality slice of life my friend!

Jeez.......... I'm loving these old scanned shots!!!!!!!

More.........More............... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G
Graeme, it was one of those serendipity moments. I had just taken a picture in the other direction of my girlfriend, her daughter, my old college roommate and his stepdaughter when I turned around saw the old gentleman sunning himself, lost in dreams of yesterday, perhaps!

I really like the harsh shadows too. very nice pic.
What's that, the 70's? it sure looks like it is around 78-79 because of the clothes of the guy in the background. Of course, I could be mistaken... In fact I usually am :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom