Old Man on the Wharf

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Scanning some old slides. Here's one - Old Man on the Wharf taking in some sun, San Francisco. Ektachrome.

[​IMG]

2. This one has a very "3D" look. Nice one.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I agree with Ned about the 3D! I'll bet this one really has a lot of impact when it's projected.

4. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    Nice photograph.
    I also like the direct sun.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shot

6. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    man..I sure like the look of old chromes...Something about that image makes it seem like a look back in time, more so then just an image capture.

Thanks for showing that.

7. Yeah, my new scanner is finally doing some justice to my old slides. Just enough of background blur to give a 3-D look. Thanks Ned.

Chris, don't most slides gain a lot more impact when projected? :biggrin: By the way did you ever get hold of a projector?

Thanks for looking Joe! For some reason I've always liked shooting in contrasty light. When it works, it's a killer effect.

Hey Gale, thanks for looking and hanging around us anachronistic film shooters!

Well, I've been accused of living in the past! :smile:

8. Ray...........real quality slice of life my friend!

Jeez.......... I'm loving these old scanned shots!!!!!!!

More.........More............... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

9. Graeme, it was one of those serendipity moments. I had just taken a picture in the other direction of my girlfriend, her daughter, my old college roommate and his stepdaughter when I turned around saw the old gentleman sunning himself, lost in dreams of yesterday, perhaps!

10. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    I really like the harsh shadows too. very nice pic.
    What's that, the 70's? it sure looks like it is around 78-79 because of the clothes of the guy in the background. Of course, I could be mistaken... In fact I usually am :biggrin: :biggrin: .