1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old meets new

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Skaffen, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Skaffen

Skaffen

Jul 6, 2009
    Worcester, UK
    A detail from a restored 17th century granary. Comments or criticism very welcome :smile:

D80 Tamron 17-50@50mm F5 1/500

DSC_3373a-1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Nice texture & tone!

3. It looks underexposed........I'd bring it up, or use a curves layer to brighten it a bit. :smile:

4. Skaffen

Skaffen

Jul 6, 2009
    Worcester, UK
    Thanks Steve!

Thanks for the advice, I brightened it a tad and upped contrast slightly - updated image in the original post. I still need to learn to "see" stuff right I think :smile:

5. Ah, much better!!! :smile: I'm still not great at "seeing" in B&W either. Sometimes I think I have something that will look great, and it doesn't.....other times I'm surprised at how much better something looks when converted. :wink:

6. jshillhouse

jshillhouse

Apr 22, 2009
    Utah
    It really pops! I love the textures, and the lines in the wood, and how they contrast with the lack of it in the plaster (?). I think that's one to print.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.