Old Noct f/1.2 compared to new Z Noct f/0.95

Real Name
David
I'm still trying to figure this new lens out. It weighs in at over 4lbs, is manual focus, and costs over $7000. I'm not sure I even need to look at the photos to try and find some "magic" that this lens can produce.
I guess it's right up there with the ZEISS Otus stuff or some of the Leica L mount lenses.

I guess it's right up there with the ZEISS Otus stuff or some of the Leica L mount lenses.

I'm pretty sure this lens is a Zeiss Otus killer. The Zeiss Otus lenses still have to be designed around the limitations of the SLR flange distance. What I don't get though is why none of the Japanese lens makers haven't tried to design lenses that take advantage of the shorter flange distance similar to Leica M mount lenses? In fact Samyang seems to be the only company that's designing smaller mirrorless lenses with their Sony AF line. I'm hoping they get around to making those lenses for other FF mirrorless mounts.

Real Name
Andrew
I'm pretty sure this lens is a Zeiss Otus killer. The Zeiss Otus lenses still have to be designed around the limitations of the SLR flange distance. What I don't get though is why none of the Japanese lens makers haven't tried to design lenses that take advantage of the shorter flange distance similar to Leica M mount lenses? In fact Samyang seems to be the only company that's designing smaller mirrorless lenses with their Sony AF line. I'm hoping they get around to making those lenses for other FF mirrorless mounts.

Give me a bunch of tuna can sized lenses! That would be kinda cool.

While the new Noct 0.95 images are impressive, the old Noct 1.2 shots are not too shabby. And the old lens is much more user friendly even with the FTZ adapter.

The Nikon rep let me hold the new Noct and try it out on a Z6. The lens is awesome, ease to focus with peaking and so sharp. If i were to get one it would be the old one, because it is a classic and i could afford it....

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"I'd buy one, using your cc but i maxed the card out earlier..." - Georgie Beagle

Latest threads

Top Bottom