Old North Church

Old North Church in Marblehead, Ma. where the 1st parrish gathered in 1635. One of my favorite towns on the North Shore about 17 miles N of Boston. When Washington crossed the Delaware the boat was manned by patriots from Marblehead.

D200 and old Sigma 15-30 f3.5-4.5 @ 15mm 1/250 F11 iso100 Pretty straight processing except for removal of power and telephone lines.

Marblehead_0107_060816-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
[
Love this touch of history to the cafe today!

Thank you Terri.....Lots of history on the North Shore of Mass. Once you leave the city limits going NW you immediately enter Salem (witch trials). Get's real interesting around Halloween.

Very nice and clear image.

Thank Binnur

Nice composition and an interesting sky is a nice bonus.

Thank Dan. Had to do quite a bit of clonning as the whole upper half was crisscrossed by telephone and power lines. Hopefully at some point they will put them below ground.

It is a nice composition of an old building that makes for a great shot. I wish you have shown some of the street also but I can understand that this was the composition that caught your eye and that is fine.
This image has a cyan cast which can be easily corrected with any editing program. You should try to convert it to b&w. Something tells me it will be spectacular also.

It is a nice composition of an old building that makes for a great shot. I wish you have shown some of the street also but I can understand that this was the composition that caught your eye and that is fine.
This image has a cyan cast which can be easily corrected with any editing program. You should try to convert it to b&w. Something tells me it will be spectacular also.

Thank You...Believe it actually has a slightly warm cast and not cyan when looking at the steeple in sun. Yes the wooden siding in shade has a cool cast but then I would expect that as it's illuminated from the reflected light of the blue sky. But the sunlit faces should be a little warm as this was shot 4:30 in the afternoon. If you wb the shaded siding, the clouds, and sunlit portions of the church would have been much too warm. Appropriate for sunset which would have been around 8pm but not for this time of day.

As far as adding more of the street it just wasn't something that added anything to the composition or my vision. May try a B&W conversion later thanks.

Latest threads

Top Bottom