Old Patina Marseille

The Prefecture des Bouches du Rhone in a old section of Marseille as you make yor way down to the old port.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Striking image, John!
A somewhat gloomy, ominous feel that's really attractive for me.

I bet they don't get that kind of sky often in Marseille.

To repeat Bart, I love the ominous feeling along with your treatment of the sky. The detail in the building is stunning. When I first looked at it, from the top down, there was almost a hint of an expression, as it this old building was possessed with some dark being.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To repeat Bart, I love the ominous feeling along with your treatment of the sky. The detail in the building is stunning. When I first looked at it, from the top down, there was almost a hint of an expression, as it this old building was possessed with some dark being.
Thanks Dossy..building had so much character, it needed to be brought out. There is an ominous figure in the lower right panel of the top center window. Didn’t even see it until I finished the processing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The patina sure takes center stage here. The building is merely a backdrop or canvas—albeit a great one! You captured the timelessness of old Europe so well.
Thank Nick, Very old city and many small winding streets, not hard to come across hidden gems.

Love the old French architecture and very nicely processed
Thanks Ben, not as grand as Paris but has it's own charm.

Agree with the comments, and I like the weather vane on top, and it looks like you'd have to get close to the building to see what time it is, no Big Ben...
Thank you Bill, No problem within the square but once outside of the square itself probably could not be seen anyway, as the narrow streets, hilly terrain and multi level buildings would bock any view.

Well John, this is excellent as you have captured the essence of old Europe. The figure in the upper window gives it a rather haunted look. Well done.
Thank you Gordon. Marseille is old, established by the Greeks in 600BC and one of Frances largest ports and cities. Also a veery rough city.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom