Old photos with recently added textures

I explained at https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/i-am-so-jazzed-using-ai-to-find-textures.320374/ the software program I licensed to generate textures. I'll use this thread to display photos made awhile ago that I have updated to inclde a texture or combination of textures.

The texture for this image is the group of large, bright circles added to the background and tabletop. The photo was originally made in February 2014.

Mike 2014-02-17--008C-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
That really looks great. Very complementary color palette.

I always question these photos where there is wine in a glass and an unopened bottle. Am I strange? I am partial to the scene where the cork, foil and maybe even a nice wine opener lay on the table top next to a bottle and partially filled glass. It's a happening!

I always question these photos where there is wine in a glass and an unopened bottle.
Me three. A photo like this is the compromise you mention. The reason I make the compromise is because it involves an expensive bottle of wine. This one probably cost about $80 - $100 when I photographed it years ago. It's rare that I'll be in a situation when such a nice bottle of wine is open when I've got the time to make a photo of it.

Last edited:
Just in case you're not aware, wine made from the Goutte d'Or vineyard (translation: Drop of Gold) was Thomas Jefferson's favorite Meursault purely because of taste. It was also his favorite white wine because it represented the best value at one-third the cost of Montrachet (his favorite and most expensive white wine).

Original photo made November 2013. The texture is the blue wispy pattern (not the glowing area around it).

Mike 2013-11-16--025A-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Hi Mike. The first image uploaded yesterday looks like an abstract and I like it. IMO the second image would look more elegant without the starburst. I also find it distracting.

The starburst doesn't seem to have a purpose (other than simply being a starburst). I can't think of a reason for it to be there
That's a reasonable argument. When I compare the two images (one with the starburst and one without it), the one with the starburst seems to my eye to have some pizzazz the other one doesn't have. I realize you don't have the luxury of looking at the two images side-by-side as I did. Even if you did, doing so might confirm your thinking.

given that the scene is front lit, largely.
Excellent eye to see that it wasn't lit entirely from the front! Or perhaps you looked at the metadata as your way of cheating. In that case, I respect you even more. :ROFLMAO:

Excellent eye to see that it wasn't lit entirely from the front! Or perhaps you looked at the metadata as your way of cheating. In that case, I respect you even more. :ROFLMAO:
I can see the rim light and I recall from past descriptions of your typical set-up that you use more than simple front-lighting. Besides, metadata take a few more clicks and such to get to. Too much work.

I remember the original one. IMO the texture added version looks much better, because I remember commenting about the heavy dark vignette around the cap in the old one. May be you should upload the new and old versions for comparison in your following posts. Just an idea:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom