1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old Quebec City, Canada

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by LeeF, Jul 1, 2008.

1. LeeF

LeeF

May 24, 2008
    Massachusetts, USA
    The walled city of Old Quebec makes one feel like they're in the 16th century. The buildings exteriors have not and cannot change due to strict zoning. Castles and horse drawn carriages overlooking the St. Lawrence River make for some wonderful pictures.

If you have any pictures, feel free to add them to this thread.
    97207841_SvJnj-L-1.

2. Nice picture Lee

Love the composition and subject matter.

Quebec city is truly unique with its original cobble stones from ship ballast - a scene of the Movie "Catch me if you can" was filmed there - Old Quebec City posing as a small French town. Many movies scenes are filmed there.

It is a very nice place to spend a weekend and in the fall you can go outside the city and appreciate the fall foliage in the surrounding area. I would love to see more pictures of Quebec.

3. Next to Paris, Quebec City is my favourite city. The atmosphere is indescribable.

As Dude mentions, the composition is great - it shows the flavour of the area. Your HDR is good without going over the top.

4. Here you go!

325212109_yUn8C-XL.

325212179_y46BP-XL.

325212261_Yqeqq-XL.

325212355_78tqi-X3.

325212539_tmJ7n-X3.

325212603_LvzR2-XL.

Appropriate enough because it was 5 May and the temperatures were in the low 40's f. We bought summer jackets. Brrrrrrrr!

Attached Files:

5. 130meow

130meow

Apr 22, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    It's Quebec City's 400th Anniversary this year. It's absolutely beautiful there. I was there 2 weekends ago but didn't go into the old city though.

6. buellXB9

buellXB9

Feb 16, 2007
    Qc, Canada
    Pierre B
    Yes, it's a very nice place to be.

dsc_1710.

dsc_1711.

dsc_1712.

dsc_1713.

7. Nice....

Love the composition and subject Lee and the colors make the picture really nice.

Maybe a trip is in order one day soon.

8. pat33

pat33

Nov 13, 2007
    Singapore
    Beautiful shot. Love the composition.

9. Here is one i took in April in the cathedral
    [​IMG]

And one outside the"Famous" hotel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  10. Thank you Rich, Pierre and Garrie for the additional Quebec pictures, the last time I was there I was still shooting film. All of these images bring back memories.

11. A great set of images, and an interesting thread. It looks like I have a new destination, Quebec !

12. I've always wanted to go to Quebec. It's still on my to-do list. Considering that it's such a favorite city of Sandi's, I think she ought to arrange GTG once she finishes her renovation. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.