1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old racer...

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by jadlh, Aug 14, 2008.

1. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    What a beautiful boat, and, it's fast.

Image103.

2. Gorgeous boat, all 40 feet of it. I'm assuming it's early thirties by the windshield design. Thanks for posting.......

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. That is a beautiful boat !

4. wow, looks like lots of time went into restoring that boat, she's a beauty.
    Nice pic!

5. that is some boat
    gorgeous
    do you have any more shots of it?

6. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Here's a couple more...

There are many old boat collectors and a number of boat builders in our area, it is not uncommon to see a dozen of classic wood boats chug through the channel to lake Michigan on the weekend.
    Image105.

View attachment 239607

7. Happened to stumble onto this thread.
    Last Saturday, I went to a boat museum in Clayton, NY. Saw a lot of boats similar to the picture of "Whiplash". Had a chance to look at these beauties up close and very personal. Man, the detail, the finish, the $MONEY$ put into these wooden classics is stunning!
    Here are couple that I saw.
    _DSC0016.

View attachment 239609

View attachment 239610

8. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Beautiful boats, love the details!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.