1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Old Trolley

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    This past Sat, there was a members day event at a trolley museum I have been a member of for several decades. In spite of the chance for showers, I walked over a mile down the tracks and was able to get some decent shots. There is something I like about this shot, even though it is backlit by hazy sun. (Pbase seems to have lightened them up some, the originals were a little darker) This car was built in the late 1890's and has a hand brake. I've run this car and it's a lot of fun, but you have to put some weight into it to get it to stop.
    D2x w/70-200VR

2. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great shot - next time I am in Conn., I will have to look this place up - you have some good Mt Washington Cog shots - we went up last August - great trip - I think I will have to try to take some more shots from different angels - I like your shots from the water showing the initial 'bridge' where it starts out. We took the first cog out - so all the trains were being fired up.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats neat
    Thanks
    Nice shot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.