Olde Coote

We have some new residents at the local duck pond; a few pairs of Coots. I got lucky today and got one of them flying by in front of me.

Taken with the D2H / 300 f2.8 + TC-17EII.

19026508-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

19026509-O.jpg

Regards,

Frank

mike mac said:
Nice so were the handheld? I am hoping to get out lookign for some birdies thsi weekend, we shall see

Mike,

These were shot off of the new tripod and Wimberley.

Frank

Somehow they remind me of the flying moor-hens in this infamous computer-game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, nice pics.
You all give me a difficult time with all these nice bird pics. I don't want to spend so much money for a good long lens, but I have a watery mouth already. Would be best for me not to visit this bird forum any more, grrrrr.

WOW you got him flyin. How cool is that.

I had a prob getting the darn thing sittin still.

Now can I have your oooooold tripod and stuff. lololol

Gale said:
WOW you got him flyin. How cool is that.

I had a prob getting the darn thing sittin still.

Now can I have your oooooold tripod and stuff. lololol

Gale,

I got lucky on these.... ;-)

As to 'old stuff', we can make a deal, I'm sure. 8)

Thanks,

Frank

Nice ones Frank, the first one especially! I have never seen these birds before, maybe I haven't looked hard enough. :lol: Thanks for sharing

I saw this post of Old Coot, and dont see a shot of frank, so figured I'd post one.

original.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Backdoctor said:
I saw this post of Old Coot, and dont see a shot of frank, so figured I'd post one.

original.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Har, har, har.... :p

I'm seriously impress with those shots, Flew. We've got quite a few coots at the lake, and their coloring makes them
extremely difficult subjects. So while your capture technique was excellent, your metering was even better!

Compliments.

UncleFrank said:
I'm seriously impress with those shots, Flew. We've got quite a few coots at the lake, and their coloring makes them
extremely difficult subjects. So while your capture technique was excellent, your metering was even better!

Compliments.

Frank is an EXPERT on OLD Coots! :lol:

UncleFrank said:

Compliments.

Frank,

I cheated; I was using manual metering. From time to time, I get very frustrated trying to get the metering and EV comp set right for birds that fly from a bright and / or dark water background, to a tree background, then to a sky background. One or more of these is always under or over exposed.

To get around this, I've been shooting in M mode for the last couple of weeks, and then it doesn't matter what the background is.... 8)

Thanks for the kind comments.

Frank

Backdoctor said:

And your point is....? 8) I guess though, in your case, it must be that familiarity breeds recognition.... :D :p :roll:

Harris, you're nutz. :lol:

Frank

Flew said:
Backdoctor said:

And your point is....? 8) I guess though, in your case, it must be that familiarity breeds recognition.... :D :p :roll:

Harris, you're nutz. :lol:

Frank

Talk to the beak!
original.jpg

Frank,
Send me a pm on tripod stuff. I haven't a clue. I do know what I have is total Crappppp.

Latest threads

Top Bottom