OldMillPre-Dawn

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jryoung1947, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Just some fun with my Sigma10-20 on the ride to Huntsville. Something I never do.

440333779_54a99d4c05.

2. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Very nice shot. I really like the colors, the star burst in the lights and the white water just below the dam.

Mike

3. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Nice photo great lighting.

4. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very pretty shot..

5. I like this shot - it conveys a very pleasant, quiet early morning mood.

6. Very pretty - wouldn't mind seeing a bit larger version to drink in all the details!

7. Nacoya

Nacoya Guest

excellent shot :) great colours and spot on exposure .. and very sharp

you need to clean your sensor (or lens) as there are a few bunnies clearly seen in the larger image on your flickr site

8. Gorgeous! How did you do that! I love it! Every detail! :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

9. LOL filthy sensor

LOL I am onthe road but I did update the link with two Photoshop bandaids.

I will clean the sensor. I told the story to the guys here in Huntsville and I now have plenty of inforamtion concerning personal hygine.

The shot was pretty simple. I setup my tripod (Slik212 which needs a replacement) and fired away first with my 50 1.8. Once I saw the potential I put on the 10-20 to get a bit more area. I could have done this better but I set the aperature to f/32 to get a 28 second exposure. I should have set the iso lower than 400 but oh well. I also took several shots RAW to poke at with HDR later.

Here is the lager size link... I am really still in a "playing mode" with DSLR. Thanks for your comments. Sock it to me as it is the way I learn.

440333779_54a99d4c05_b.

10. It was a great morning

The last time I was in Pigeon Forge it was a sleepy little spot on a river. Now six lanes of traffic through the town,

But at 6am it returns to the sleepy spot I saw 40 years ago. :smile:

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Looks Good.

Thanks For posting the larger image , I couldnt see the small one very well.

12. Larger image is much better to view. Very colourful image. I like the tranquility of the scene, can almost smell the cool fresh morning air. Great job!

13. Masa

Masa

Feb 27, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    I'm glad you posted the larger one. It's one of those magical shots. Very nice.