Olympia's Farmers Market...

Discussion in 'People' started by Seymore, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Seymore

Seymore Guest

Caught this vendor hammin' it up for me...

[​IMG]

And, some of the product were worth capturing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really starting to luv my little MF Nikkor 135/2.8. It's really tough finding the true focal point, without a focus screen on the D70... But I like the challenge.

Sorry if I deviated a bit towards the end...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2005
  2. Interesting candid shots. I like the street vendor best.

3. It is quite the place...how is it doing this year? I haven't been to the market...for who knows how long. You buy anything while you were there? They have some of the best beef jerky I think. Not too mention you can go enjoy your food out on the water.

What is the second image of? That pattern looks very cool.

Nice look by the peach guy!

(cool to see that somebody from the cafe lives around here)

4. Seymore

Seymore Guest

Thanks Gordon... Actually the vendor shot ended up a bit soft. But it was a spur of the moment shot with a MF 135/2.8 on a D70. So hard to find the focus spot without a focus screen (which the D70 does not have).

It's doing quite well, from my journeys there Elliott. Not quite as big as Pikes Place Market... but, Oly is also not as big as Seattle. They are trying to start one up in Lacey... I'm not so sure that it'll take off.

The DW is usually making the purchases and I'm just there for the shots. I also take the F717 (sometimes) for the swivel body. Makes it really good to be able to catch people less aware that they've just been captured.

The 2nd shot is the backside of a shirt. Really colorful... so had to catch some aspect of it.