1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Olympic Lens Lust

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by David_Bailey, Aug 13, 2008.

1. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Love The Black!!!

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    AC/DC said it best "back in black":biggrin:

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Where do they get those wonderful toys?

4. Maybe I should have called this "Nikon Wins Olympic Gold!"

5. Haha, when I watch the Olympics with my family, i'm always saying nikon, canon, canon, nikon, as they show the photographers. Nikon's coming back,

6. perpetually out of stock lenses explained

7. it's nice to see the GRAND MIGRATION in FULL SWING

8. That means more 300 VR, 400 VR, 500 VR, 600 VR lenses are being picked up, so when these newspapers, agencies, etc. upgrade, they'll flood the market with cheap VR telephotos! :wink:

9. I was watching the other day as the cameraman panned the photographers gallery pretty close up. My 11 year old said "Daddy look!"

I knew at that moment she had to be my child :biggrin:!

10. RichNY

RichNY Guest

Yeah but who will want this crap once the new stuff comes out? :wink:

11. lol

12. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    There is "one" long hair dude with a Nikkor 600 F4 ED-IF AIS in the front row:biggrin: Takes one to know one. :smile:. The scary thing is the really long glass up in the rafters with the really long glass getting unique angles/perspective that everyone of those guys will miss.

Gregory

13. El Guero

El Guero

Aug 5, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    All those khaki vests and shorts look much better with black lenses.

14. onemorelens

onemorelens

Jul 3, 2007
    california
    Incredible how much inroad the D3 has made into the sea of white in 8 months. It looks like around 60% black now. I've been seeing lots of D3's at gymnastics as well.
    Did anyone else see that woman photographer with a monopod holding 2 D3's with what looked like a 24-70 and 70-200 side by side.

15. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    This brought a tear to my eyes.

16. Haha more people in your Religion? :biggrin:

17. Tim White

Tim White Guest

It must suck to shoot the Olympics, always penned off with a dozens of others getting the same shot as you.

18. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Check out the guy with the yellow hat and the P&S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.