Olympic photographers

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by KeithR, Aug 18, 2008.

1. KeithR

KeithR

Jun 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Found this on another site and thought you might enjoy "the panoramic view"!
    http://www.karikuukka.com/peking2008/100m/
    It's interactive in that if you move your cursor around you'll be able to look up and down. Be patient, it takes a minute or so to load.

2. Keith..... that is very cool
    thanks for the link

3. pretty cool Keith, thanks much. love the big glass on the D3 behind the two bug-eyed guys.

4. It's great to see a lot more black among all those white lenses!

5. jamesd3rd

jamesd3rd

May 4, 2007
    So. Cal
    Cool shot. It doesn't look as if a lot of these guys are too concerned about the stock tripod collars because I don't see any third party mounts. Hmmmm...I wonder if it's something that really needs to be worried about or it's just one of those perceived things we're told to be scared of by people suffering from 'analysis paralysis' so everyone starts getting worried. Or are they not made for lenses that big?

6. joyce

joyce Guest

Pretty neat!

7. found some more info about it on Rob Galbraith's site...i.e. how the pic was made...

Navigation info:

The Shift key will zoom in, the Command (Mac) / Control (Windows) key will zoom out. Click and hold down the mouse button inside the photo to navigate around. (If you pan down to track level you'll see many more photographers in position for the race as well.)

8. How come the men get all the good assignments?!?!:rolleyes:

9. That's the closest I will come to the Olympics. Thanks for posting.