Olympus OMD 1 - remote triggering

Is anyone familiar with using pocketwizards with the OM1? I need to remotely trigger the shutter and would like to use my pocketwizards but I am having a hard time finding a cable to work with the triggers and the camera. Anyone have any luck with this? Or am I going to have to buy Olympus' $50 remote release. thanks.

I forgot that a while back I purchased a cable from Amazon that let me use pocket wizards to trigger my OM-D EM-5. Here is a link to the cord: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trigger-Cab...rd-/350245942864?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

The cable contains a switch to turn focus on or off. Turning focus on essentially is the same as half-pressing the shutter release button. There is no way to do a "half-press" with the pocket wizard remote itself. If autofocus is set for AF-S then when the switch on the cord is set on the camera will focus once and the focus will stay until the shutter is triggered with the pocketwizard. If autofocus is set for AF-C then when the switch on the cord is set to on the camera will continue trying to focus until the shutter is triggered with the pocket wizard. I imagine battery life would be impacted when using AF-C with the cord.

One other thing I noticed is that if the self-timer is set the the shutter can only be activated one time with the pocketwizard. The cord switch must be turned off and back on to be able to trigger the shutter again remotely.

Latest threads

Top Bottom