Olympus Trip 35

My wife found this while clearing some junk out of a cupboard. It belonged to her Dad who sadly passed away about 8 years ago. Its a 1970s model and is in quite good shape apart from 30+ years of dust and dirt. I'll be taking it in to a camera shop tomorrow for a full clean up and refurb. I'll grap a few rolls of film and see what I get out of it. Quite excited, I've never shot film before:smile:

Any particular film recommended? Fuji/Kodak? I'd like to have a go with both BW & colour.

5580014567_84d5b8ed99_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Olympus Trip 35 by chris rs197, on Flickr

You should start with any Fuji or Kodax color film (C-41 processing) Not sure what ISO film your camera can take so maybe a ISO400 . For black and white try Kodak Professional BW400CN (C-41 processing) Both films can be process together at your local Walgreens or other 1 hour processing shop. If you decide to process your own film you can get plenty of information on this site as to film and processing methods.

Good Luck with your new toy ENJOY film

You should start with any Fuji or Kodax color film (C-41 processing) Not sure what ISO film your camera can take so maybe a ISO400 . For black and white try Kodak Professional BW400CN (C-41 processing) Both films can be process together at your local Walgreens or other 1 hour processing shop. If you decide to process your own film you can get plenty of information on this site as to film and processing methods.

Good Luck with your new toy ENJOY film

Thanks for the replies lads.

@Fred, thanks for the help, I've picked up a few rolls of film including some Ilford BW. I'll post some images once I get the camera back in working order.

The Trip will allow you to use any film from 25-400 ISO.
Just don't forget to set the ISO manually when you load the film.

Have fun, that little camera will surprise you in terms of picture quality.

The Trip will allow you to use any film from 25-400 ISO.
Just don't forget to set the ISO manually when you load the film.

Have fun, that little camera will surprise you in terms of picture quality.

Also, remember it is not auto-focus! - The number of times I've forgotten to set the focus with this thing...

Great little camera though :wink:

Cool!
I was just given a Konica 35C from a good friend's dad, after 20 years of storage.

Does yours also have a range-finder?
I cant wait to use it!

Looking forward to seeing your results!
I believe these cameras have very good optics...

Hi Chris,

Just got mine last week. (Olympus Trip 35). Any tips or examples you posted on line?

Nest,

Morty

Real Name
Carl
ILFORD XP-2 Is a great B&W Chromogenic, variable ISO film. Can be processed in C-41 chemicals, the same as color negative film. 400 base speed, shot at ASA (ISO)2-300 offers finer grain and better shadow detail. One of our local photo shops used to load their cameras with XP-2 set them, and send their cute female clerks to the County Fair, with the instructions; "Just shoot...DON'T change anything!", and they would come back with usable photos.:eek:
You may have some trouble convincing the 19 yer old "Manager" of processing facilities the black and white film won't ruin their chemicals! There are specialty labs that know about all that, and provide good service.
Don't know if Kodak still manufactures KODACOLOR negative films, but if it does, their 200 or 400 are good films. The 400 has the grain and definition of 100 speed negative films of 25 years ago. Our Highway Patrol officers were issued cameras and 200 speed film, from which we had large courtroom exhibits made...from some pretty terrible negatives. Once, I suggested that they issue 400 speed film for better pictures, and the person in charge told me "NO, we don't want to confuse the officers!" :wideyed: OBOY!

Ektachrome 100, if they still make it, is an excellent slide film. Fuji also makes good color negative and slide films. There are others, but the ones mentioned are the ones I have used the most.
All films are/were rated for machine processing, which results in thin negatives. Shooting them at half speed...100 for the 200, and 200 for the 400 gives better detail, and more pleasing color, at least in my opinion/experience.

Enjoy yourself!? It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness!

You may have some trouble convincing the 19 yer old "Manager" of processing facilities the black and white film won't ruin their chemicals! There are specialty labs that know about all that, and provide good service.
Enjoy yourself!? It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness!
LoL don't have to worry about the first part, have a couple of high quality labs right here in town - so I'm very fortunate from that aspect.

Okay....mine arrived today.
And all that I can say is that if anyone wants one of these, get yours here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TripmanUK
Or...
https://www.tripman.co.uk

I swear the whole camera has been broken down and totally cleaned and lubricated - it's absolutely pristine!
Came with lens cap too!
(Pardon the iPhone picture)

C4C4F5DC-3BB9-4834-AFCE-680136A73D5D.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Had a BEAUTIFUL street shot lined up today!
Pressed the shutter....and a SPLIT SECOND later....

I realized that I had the lens cap on.....:LOL::ROFLMAO::sick::joyful::hungover::wideyed:

Latest threads

Top Bottom