OM-D E-M5 and D600

I think I have the best of two worlds. I have been busy the last few days. I like to bring a camera to my family events. Sometimes the O-MD is the best choice and sometimes the D600 is.

I have two photos that both mean a lot to me...one taken with each camera. I do not love one photo more than the other. I think each camera did a fantastic job. I can feel confident in either kit.

There are two guys in my life who are both huge dog lovers. My son-in-law has been living with us for a couple of months. He spent a huge amount of time playing with our dogs. He and my daughter just moved into their first home this week. The first thing they did was pick up a puppy that they have been waiting to get. I love this picture of my son-in-law at the lake the other night with his new puppy. Taken with the O-MD E-M5 and the 45 f.18 lens.

p1870728314.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday we had a July 4th picnic at our home. My dad was here. He is the other big dog lover. He met the puppy and it was love at first sight. Because I was here at home, I used the D600 and my 70-200 f2.8 VR I lens....a combination I don't like to use when we go somewhere to family events because of it's size.

I feel blessed that I have both systems and don't regret my purchases of either. I am using them both about equally.

View attachment 1209875

2 great shots Terri, both well done! I never owned the D600 but I do know the 70-200 VR on the D700 is stellar and obviously is on the D600 as well. You know what you're missing don't you? you need the 75mm for your OMD - :smile:

2 great shots Terri, both well done! I never owned the D600 but I do know the 70-200 VR on the D700 is stellar and obviously is on the D600 as well. You know what you're missing don't you? you need the 75mm for your OMD - :smile:

I realize that, but since I have bought the D600, 24-120 f4, and Tokina 17-35 this year, my camera purchases for the year are over. Maybe next year.:biggrin: I have my limits.

Terri, great captures! In terms of composition both shots look very similar, the only way I could tell them apart is due to the color signatures of each camera (Olympus leans towards magenta, Nikon towards green with the newer bodies at least). :smile:

2 great shots Terri, both well done! I never owned the D600 but I do know the 70-200 VR on the D700 is stellar and obviously is on the D600 as well.

+1 Two great cameras, each with a purpose.

You know what you're missing don't you? you need the 75mm for your OMD - :smile:

It's all about preferred perspectives, isn't it. My favorite lenses on FX are the 35 and 85, so it's no surprise that my favorites on u4/3 are the 20 and 45. And while the 180/2.8D blows me away, it's my least used lens, which has helped me resist the 75/1.8. What I really want is a puppy, but Nancy has helped me resist that urge. :frown:

Terri, great captures! In terms of composition both shots look very similar, the only way I could tell them apart is due to the color signatures of each camera (Olympus leans towards magenta, Nikon towards green with the newer bodies at least). :smile:

Yes, I've definitely noticed the color difference. Color correcting is not my strong suit.

+1 Two great cameras, each with a purpose.

It's all about preferred perspectives, isn't it. My favorite lenses on FX are the 35 and 85, so it's no surprise that my favorites on u4/3 are the 20 and 45. And while the 180/2.8D blows me away, it's my least used lens, which has helped me resist the 75/1.8. What I really want is a puppy, but Nancy has helped me resist that urge. :frown:

What kind of puppy would you like? You shouldn't look at these pictures, because Melissa and Ian's new puppy is pretty cute!!

Yeah, m43 sounds like a great complimentary system to full frame.

Last year I hardly used my D300 because the IQ was so close to the E-M5 it was always easier to take the smaller kit. But there is a difference in FX IQ so I use the FX kit when it is convenient. For me, m4/3 is a great complimentary system.

What kind of puppy would you like? You shouldn't look at these pictures, because Melissa and Ian's new puppy is pretty cute!!

Any kind. I love them all. I'd drive down to the pound today, and rescue one of the wee beasties, but it wouldn't do much for harmony in my home. :redface:

Last year I hardly used my D300 because the IQ was so close to the E-M5 it was always easier to take the smaller kit. But there is a difference in FX IQ so I use the FX kit when it is convenient. For me, m4/3 is a great complimentary system.

Well stated. I fully agree with your conclusions, Terri.

Latest threads

Top Bottom