OM-D EM5, monopod, and IBIS

I have no experience with IBIS, but I'd say it is probably best to leave it off. Run some tests & report back please.

I tend to leave it on even when using a tripod which is of course contrary to the advice from most, not because I intend to, but because I forget to turn it off, but in reality I have tried it both ways and didn't see a difference.

Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the replies. I will be taking some fireworks photos tomorrow night. My usual mode of operation for fireworks does not involve extremely long "bulb" exposures but the exposures are long enough for camera shake to be an issue. I'll do a bit of testing this evening and tomorrow am and then tomorrow night at the fireworks display. I'll post the results, even if I screw up. :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. I will be taking some fireworks photos tomorrow night. My usual mode of operation for fireworks does not involve extremely long "bulb" exposures but the exposures are long enough for camera shake to be an issue. I'll do a bit of testing this evening and tomorrow am and then tomorrow night at the fireworks display. I'll post the results, even if I screw up. :biggrin:

Have you any results to report Doug? Or even better, some fireworks pics...

I agree with Mike. I use the EPL-1 and I have not noticed any significant changes with the IBIS on or off when on a tripod.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Latest threads

Top Bottom