1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

OMG - A hummer!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Argent, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Finally....

I finally managed to be at the right place at ALMOST the right time to capture a hummer not at a feeder :) 

I was on my way back to the car and just outside the nature center I noticed some motion out of the corner of my eye.

The sun had just dipped below the trees leaving everything in shadows so I had to use my flash - and I was about 20 feet away - so with reckless abandon I fired away in its general direction before it quickly flitted off in to the evening....

Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird
    [​IMG]

I think she likes this spot - so I'll have to camp out near there when the flowers are still in the evening sun and see if I can snag some crisper, clearer, better shots...

2. BIGBEAR

BIGBEAR

Nov 16, 2007
    Forney, Texas
    Paul, This is a great shot. My wife says I spend more time with the hummingbirds than I do with her. If your wife is like mine you may not want to camp there because she may not let you back in.

3. nice capture, paul
    i like it very much

4. Well Bear - no worries there - I'm not married! HAHAHAHAHA

thanks for the compliments guys :) 

5. LindaP

LindaP

Nov 16, 2007
    Iowa, USA
    Nice shot of the hummingbird!

6. Nice capture. If you shoot in the evening, then 5-7 p.m.
    will be the best time to do. Looking forward to see another
    hummer shot. So prepare yourself with some light foods and
    a bottle of water and maybe a magazine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.