OMG *gasp* *pants* I did it!

Your payment went through fine, your order is scheduled to ship today.
This evening you will receive an email confirmation with the UPS
tracking number. Have a nice day!

My D300 from Cameta!

Thanks - too bad I won't have a clue what to do with it! hahaha

oh well good thing I have Thom Hogan's guide - better start reading up...

I would definitely not have wanted the D300 as a first DSLR that's for sure.

The D50 was a great learning platform. It took me 3 years to out grow it.

Either way spend lots of time reading the manual and figuring out what each and every button/setting do on the camera.

No worries Fusion - I had the D50 for 2 years myself before moving up to this...

Very cool! From your post I gathered that you jumped head first into the D300 :eek: I know I'd be really overwhelmed if it was my first DSLR.

Now the waiting begins!!!

Wooohooooo! I know exactly how you feel. Congrats :biggrin:

Congrats!! Paul, I know you will love it. It is such a change from the D50. I love the viewfinder, finding it much easier to MF while doing macro. I find I like the controls much better, after learning a little about them. The speed in continuous is amazing to me, not having experienced anything this nice, before.

Mine from Cameta has performed flawlessly so far. Best of luck with yours.

I jumped head first into the D300:eek::eek: I find im learning it well. I read Thom's book and have Daves book but the best way for me to master it is go out and take pictures. Put it in manual mode and try different options. I carry a small pocket notebook with me and write down weather cond. and settings. Its fun, fun , fun. Mike

Yeah - I also have a group of photographers I shoot with - one who shoots a D3 and the other a D300 so I'll have plenty of people to ask questions of as well while I'm out there.

Congrats, Paul.

I've had mine for a month now. I was a bit overwhelmed during the first days and I'm still impressed with it. For now it seems that the D300 offers so much to me that I can't imagine getting another camera until the shutter wears out. - Which should leave me with about another 149,000 photos to take. :biggrin:

Enjoy!

K

KG72

Excellent, Paul. Congrats and enjoy!

I agree Frank. after getting the D300 I lost all nikon body lust. FF doesnt offer me any advantages as I dont need wider than 12mm and I dont need higher iso than 1600. its a heck of a camera.

well see - I wasn't overly impressed with the D200 I was borrowing as far as shot quality compared to my D50

I'll try not to get to frustrated to easily

next up - adding the Nifty Fifty and either the 18-135 or 18-200VR to my kit

oh and the battery grip for the D300

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom