OMG *gasp* *pants* I did it!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Argent, Jul 29, 2008.

1. My D300 from Cameta!

2. EXCELLENT..... congratulations
    you'll be happy

3. Thanks - too bad I won't have a clue what to do with it! hahaha

oh well good thing I have Thom Hogan's guide - better start reading up...

4. You'll soon figure it out. Great camera! Congrats.

5. You'll soon figure it out. Great camera! Congrats.

6. FusionZ06

FusionZ06

Jul 25, 2008
    Florida
    I would definitely not have wanted the D300 as a first DSLR that's for sure.

The D50 was a great learning platform. It took me 3 years to out grow it.

Either way spend lots of time reading the manual and figuring out what each and every button/setting do on the camera.

7. No worries Fusion - I had the D50 for 2 years myself before moving up to this...

8. FusionZ06

FusionZ06

Jul 25, 2008
    Florida
    Very cool! From your post I gathered that you jumped head first into the D300 :eek: I know I'd be really overwhelmed if it was my first DSLR.

Now the waiting begins!!!

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Wooohooooo! I know exactly how you feel. Congrats :biggrin:

10. Congrats!! Paul, I know you will love it. It is such a change from the D50. I love the viewfinder, finding it much easier to MF while doing macro. I find I like the controls much better, after learning a little about them. The speed in continuous is amazing to me, not having experienced anything this nice, before.

Mine from Cameta has performed flawlessly so far. Best of luck with yours.

11. FusionZ06

FusionZ06

Jul 25, 2008
    Florida
    I ordered a B+W filter from Cameta the other day :eek:

12. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    I jumped head first into the D300:eek::eek: I find im learning it well. I read Thom's book and have Daves book but the best way for me to master it is go out and take pictures. Put it in manual mode and try different options. I carry a small pocket notebook with me and write down weather cond. and settings. Its fun, fun , fun. Mike

13. Yeah - I also have a group of photographers I shoot with - one who shoots a D3 and the other a D300 so I'll have plenty of people to ask questions of as well while I'm out there.

14. Congrats, Paul.

I've had mine for a month now. I was a bit overwhelmed during the first days and I'm still impressed with it. For now it seems that the D300 offers so much to me that I can't imagine getting another camera until the shutter wears out. - Which should leave me with about another 149,000 photos to take. :biggrin:

Enjoy!

15. KG72

KG72 Guest

Excellent, Paul. Congrats and enjoy!

16. Thanks - I am way nervous about it - just because its so much more than my D50 - I hope it'll help me with some killer BIF's

17. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    I agree Frank. after getting the D300 I lost all nikon body lust. FF doesnt offer me any advantages as I dont need wider than 12mm and I dont need higher iso than 1600. its a heck of a camera.

18. Just got my shipping confirmation :) and tracking number!

19. ah, baloney
    i bet you'll do great
    can't wait to see you put it to good use

20. well see - I wasn't overly impressed with the D200 I was borrowing as far as shot quality compared to my D50

I'll try not to get to frustrated to easily

next up - adding the Nifty Fifty and either the 18-135 or 18-200VR to my kit

oh and the battery grip for the D300