On a bench in Redwoods National Park

This was taken four weeks ago today (date in EXIF is off) in Tall Trees Grove in Redwoods National Park. It's a somewhat-difficult reverse hike -- about 5-mile roundtrip and a reverse hike. You drop about 900 feet down into the grove at the beginning and then have to climb it on the way out. It's worth it to be in a secluded area with not many people.

Felt B&W was the right treatment for this.

DSC_0032.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Really nice image, that makes for a nice story.
This is very nice as it is- but if it is going to print a couple of little niggles. Walk the edges- there are a couple of bright spots and leaves that will detract in print.
Think about adding a little light to the person- or not.
Nice art.
gary

Real Name
Dan
Love the composition and agree with others that the B/W works on this. I also had pretty much the same thoughts on potential tweaks that Gary articulated.

I like this a lot. Really gives the feeling of being there and I agree re the mono. Nice!
Thank you, Ron!
Simply stunning!
Thanks, Nick!
An exceptional image for all the obvious reasons.
Thanks, Mike!
Marvellous mood, Doc!
And agreed about the b&w.
Thanks, Bart!
This is wonderful!
Thank you, Terri!
Excellent. I really like the composition.
Thanks, Jim! Took some playing to find the right zoom and not show too much/little of the trees.
Very, very good. All I can say!
Thank you, John!

Really nice image, that makes for a nice story.
This is very nice as it is- but if it is going to print a couple of little niggles. Walk the edges- there are a couple of bright spots and leaves that will detract in print.
Think about adding a little light to the person- or not.
Nice art.
gary
Thanks, Gary! Thanks for pointing out those bright leaves -- they hadn't stuck out to me when editing, but you're right, they're apparent now.
Love the composition and agree with others that the B/W works on this. I also had pretty much the same thoughts on potential tweaks that Gary articulated.
Thanks, Dan!

bright leaves -- they hadn't stuck out to me when editing, but you're right, they're apparent now.
I think that is one of the strong reasons to show your work to others- and one of the real strengths of the cafe. I know I am often too close to my own work and miss little niggles that should be obvious to me- but they are not. I often put up images here so my online friends and editors can nudge me in the right direction.
I do hope this image goes to print- images like this with depth look marvelous on the wall. I would print it on a warm paper, or warm it up just a tad. Great image
gary

I think that is one of the strong reasons to show your work to others- and one of the real strengths of the cafe. I know I am often too close to my own work and miss little niggles that should be obvious to me- but they are not. I often put up images here so my online friends and editors can nudge me in the right direction.
I do hope this image goes to print- images like this with depth look marvelous on the wall. I would print it on a warm paper, or warm it up just a tad. Great image
gary

Thanks again. I agree! Thanks for the printing advice. I'll have to print this one out.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom