On a Light Note: The Haircut

Discussion in 'People' started by Markb, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Some of you may remember seeing some images of our son, Graeme, over in the Sports Forum. Usually, he's whistling down a snowy hill in a tight skin suit, or whacking a baseball on a dusty field. But, like all teenage boys, he does eventually clean up, and his mom and I think he cleans up not to bad. This quick grab shot from his recent graduation was one good example:

original.

He'd just had a haircut a week or so prior to the event, and looked kinda spiffy IMHO. But it does grow out, and about a month later, in the heat of the summer, we/he started to wonder if their might not be a cooler way to enjoy the heat. After, if all that stuff on top keeps your head warm in the winter, it can't do much for cooling. And it was getting a bit scruffy:

original.

And although the girls swooned at grad and the ladies cried, we wondered if it might not be time for a haircut.

original.

So he talked with his grandmother, who said by all means get a haircut, and I spoke with his mother, who at first said ":eek:What!", and before she could get home from her business trip, off to the hair centre we went.

There were a few pensive moments,

original.

But at the end of it all, big grins:

original.

After all, it does grow back.

As to the hat, well, it's a bit big right now.

Hope you enjoy.

2. Good looking boy no matter what the length of his hair. Of course I prefer the shorter look being from the old school. Nice series and good story line to go with them.

3. Quite an improvement :biggrin: I personally dont appreciate the shaggy look.

4. Gordon, Brian

Thanks for the comments.

At one time, I was very shaggy myself, but after enlisting I learned a few of the benefits of shorter hair (hair care is so much easier).

Yet since that time, I find interesting to see how short/long hair styles seem to come and go so quickly. About 5 years ago, shorter hair was the norm, it's getting a bit longer, and I expect it will soon shorten up. Or maybe go less spiky, or maybe more colourful! Who knows.

In '67, untucked shirts were the sign of independence (especially if they were pink paisley). Now, just untucked shirts. Heaven help us if paisley comes back.:eek:

5. WAAYY better Mark. My 15 yr. old gets the #1 buzz like his ole man.. totally his choice btw.

6. You've got a very handsome son, fun story!

7. As Chris says, handsome young man. I really like his hair in the first shot but the new haircut works better in our heatwaves lately. :smile: The new haircut also makes him look older.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    From a cute kid to a handsome young man in a few minutes:>)))))
    Super images

9. OnlyJess243

OnlyJess243 Guest

i cant decide which i like better...shaggy or short but i think i would go with the short. i like clean cut guys. im sure he gets a lot more attention too, with his hair short.

10. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    this thread is blowing my mind a bit.

your son looked extremely familiar...reminding me a ton of one of my very best online friends...and then i look at your location, and its the same city.

twilight zone moment :p

the pics look good...keep up the fine work ;)

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Oh mannnnn I liked him better with all those beautiful locks. He is such a cute kid. My son also wants to get a buzz...I say...noooooooooo wayyyyyyyy. My son has beautiful curls...the ones I DON"T HAVE. He always ask..."Why the hell do I have curls and you don't mom?" I just say..."You have your dad's hair".

12. Thanks for the comments.

We've tried to keep him under wraps, but he's just starting to discover that girls aren't at all icky....LOL.

The juries still out on curls vs no curls. He likes it, so does his sister, but mom and grandmother are definitely a curls group.