1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

On-Camera Wide Constant LED Light Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Panther, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Any suggestions for a wide on-camera constant LED light?
    I was looking at the LUMECUBE but the beam is too narrow...

I also don't need a really huge one either - smartphone size or smaller...

Thanks much!

2. MNglass

MNglass

Dec 7, 2005
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks, hmmm...the LitraPro just might be it...

4. Ultimately, I would like to see is a small, wide, on camera constant light solution that would only turn on when you hit the AF button....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. weerterbos

weerterbos

Feb 11, 2016
    There are LEDs you can control in an app on your phone over bluetooth, but actual activation on af-button press of a camera. wow.

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Shouldn't be that hard to do. The Nikon TTL flashes go to sleep and wake up with a half-press of the shutter button. Means there's a circuit in there somewhere. Would need a relay/circuitry in the light that was Nikon-specific but sounds easy enough to do.

7. I really like and have a few Aputure LEDs.

https://www.amazon.com/Aputure-H198...=UTF8&qid=1547756960&sr=1-12&keywords=aputure

You can buy a couple and put them together, if /when you want a bigger light source. They take the standard Sony video batteries or 6 AA batteries. Good value for the money IMHO. I've tried some others in a similar price range, but I like what you get here.

This might also be of interest:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bestshoot-Ba...r=1-3&keywords=sony+aa+battery+holder+for+led

The Sony batteries can be expensive, so you can use Eneloops or your favorite rechargeables with a Sony connector. I have a few of these because not only do my LED use them, but my 4k external monitor uses them as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. weerterbos

weerterbos

Feb 11, 2016

Yes indeed. But I did a google and didn't come up with much Nikon DIY projects, else I had posted them here. Neither products from China which, if easy to make and saleable, pop-up everywhere.

9. weerterbos

weerterbos

Feb 11, 2016
    Video Light Switch
    This could be made to work but needs this, a light and a flash wireless trigger set. And bracket to hold it all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.