?? on Focus Mode Selector Switch on a D2x

Regarding the Focus Mode Selector on the front of the camera (top of page 72 in the manual)

I have an extra click between the "S" and the "M". therefore I have 4 clicks instead of 3. The extra click behaves just like the "M" mode.

I also noticed the "M" is farther from the "S" then the "S" is from the "C", so I thought the extra click might have a reason.

Does any one else experience this with their D2x? If it seems to work, is it worth opening up the camera for repair and increase the chance of something else going wrong?

I haven't called Nikon. Is there a telephone number to ask questions that are not covered in the manual, or does one have to call the service number? Does Nikon answer question by e-mail, or does one get the "general response" answer, making e-mail worthless?

Thanks for any replies...

Dan

M

marc

the space is there for "tactal" reasons
i think that is the correct word

you have c, s, m

think about that, you don't mistake where you are and get no focus and do not even know it

happy shooting

Jay,

thanks for the link, but that link didn't really answer the question: why is it there???

I can work around it. I agree everyone seems to be looking at this camera with a "super close eye". It seems there are more concerns/questions about this camera and most are user error, BUT, Nikon did blow it by releasing it to the public before the bugs were worked out. The first few (& I had one) caused a lot of doubt that won't go away. Once doubt starts, it is hard to stop. Bad news always over shadows good news, BUT, even my 2nd camera isn't perfect. I still have some BF & FF with some of the sensors (corner ones, middle 9 work perfect). I just hate to start over on repairs and possible replacement.

So I hope people understand when one discovers something not in the manual and it doesn't seem to be a function of the camera, how this would lead to questions about the camera.

If the extra click was part of the design, why not mention it in the manual and label it for a future function (i.e. update firmware??)

If a Nikon rep doesn't know what it is for, how can any one know??

I am sure one day we will find out.

So, I guess it all comes down to ---- No one really knows why it is there. Under pressure of some shoots, it could cause problems.
Slows me down to double check. (LOL- "Set" twice and "shoot" once)

thanks for replies

Dan

HA?

I'm not at all convinced that these dead spaces are there for any reason that someone planned. When switching quickly in the field, I frequently get caught in the dead zone and can't shoot anything.

Latest threads

Top Bottom