On my oh my oh my oh my

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Dec 22, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I took tomorrow off so that my better half and I could go hike the beaches in search of snowy owls as reports have it that they are sunning themselves on the dunes in the afternoon.

Then...I got about 8 phoe calls that there are both a jumbo rough legged hawk and a gyr falcon hunting in plain sight on the island....both are really rather rare for here...

Then...ny mother whio is 78 called and said she needs a %%##%*()!!!!! ride tomorrow morning to an appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to make $20?

2. Raindog

Raindog

Nov 26, 2005
    Asheville, NC
    Call her a cab, she'll understand:)

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Jim,
    If you can spring for my plane ticket up there, I'd be happy to take your camera and gear to the island and try to get a few pictures for you. And, to show what kind of guy I am, I'll do it for only $10.:biggrin:

I think I'd call my mom back and tell her she has to reschedule (just kidding mom!!!).

4. I wish I could give my mother a ride. Enjoy being with her while you can.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Call a friend quick Jim :>))

Tell Mom ...I love you but work calls :>)))

Be a good boy at Christmas :>)))

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Oh Crap!

I just remembered that tomorrow is her BIRTHDAY AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. Jim, saying snowy owls and beaches in the same sentence just dont go together. LOL!!!!

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm. Be a good son and most importantly smile while you do it :Teeth: Sure that wont take all day, then we have holidays :biggrin:

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Take her to dinner Jim :>)))

Have flowers delivered.

9. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Keith

Snowy owls love the dunes over looking the waves. On rare occasions, I've driven past a light pole along the road to the beach qand looked up at what I assume was a seagul, only to realize at the last moment that it was a snowy owl watching the world go by.

I've also seen them flying out over the open ocean. There are some Isalnds about 7 miles off shore and they are back and forth all of the time.