On my way to Las Vegas...

...I snapped a couple pictures with my D70 and 18-70 DX. Set at f/8, aperture mode, ISO 200. Shots were taken in the desert on my way to Las Vegas. For everything not related to fast action photography, I actually prefer the D70 image quality and color over the D2H. Both images taken of my ex-girlfriend. :? :p :p

vegas_01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

vegas_02.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JAM

I really like that second one. To me, it says "I know what LV is supposed to look like, but when does this desert end?"

Great natural expression.

Beezle said:
Really like the first shot.

Is it cropped? How did you manage that focus? Looks super hyper focused to me. :)

No I just stopped down to f/11 and shot wide, that tends to keep everything in focus don't you think? :)

Ahhh yes, her again! ;)

Love the scenery on the 1st, but her great relaxed look on that 2nd shot. Well done.

Jonathan, if your still in Vegas...be careful. I have seen far to many men shot down in the prime of their lives by going to Vegas, getting drunk for a week and waking up one day in the hotel and finding out that you got married.

I'm back in good old LA! For some reason Las Vegas makes me anxious. It's probably due to the fact I got run over there! :p Not to mention I'm not much of a gambler. Also too many drunk, crazy driving Californians concentrated in one area (the strip). :shock: :?

I really like the perspective in both shots - it makes me wish I had a decent WA lens. I was impressed with the first shot - then I saw the second and liked it even more.

I just used the 18-70 DX...best bang for the buck on digital. It's fast, sharp, contrasty, compact and best of all it's cheap. Break one, buy another one! :)

Jonathan F. said:
...too many drunk, crazy driving Californians concentrated in one area...

And you feel safer in... LA??? :lol: 8) :eek: :)

Your ex-girlfriend is a real looker. Maybe you should re-visit that decision 8).

UncleFrank said:
Jonathan F. said:
...too many drunk, crazy driving Californians concentrated in one area...

And you feel safer in... LA??? :lol: 8) :eek: :)

having driven the strip, and been a passenger in LA...i'd say i actually feel similarly safe in both places. :p

the strip is nuts, and as a vegas local, i tend to avoid it like the plague (although i never pick the right exit out of Caesar's and always end up on the strip anyway :? :x )

Hi Davo,

I was so stressed out driving the strip, I probably screamed vulgarities at a dozen rude drivers. I was visiting friends who wanted the full Vegas experience. I was on the west side of the strip, since my friends were staying at the Excalibur. We frequented Ceasars and Bellagio quite often, and I found taking Industrial road, which parallels the strip a good alternative to avoiding traffic. Though I was glad to leave that zoo! :)

industrial is nearly my favorite road on earth...it makes the strip so much easier to deal with. also koval, paradise, and one other (i think) make it easier as well (though paradise can have its issues as well, like giant potholes that cave in :D ).

generally when i'm driving the strip, i'm screaming vulgarities at the rude drivers as well...you're not alone :mrgreen:

Latest threads

Top Bottom