On the beach

An extraordinary b&w series, Nick! Stunning work.

The second one, Beach walker, would be my favourite of the set. (y)
Most likely because of the mist and how the walker stands out against the brighter sea.
Somehow the overall composition of this one looks more pleasing than in #1 but perhaps this makes #1 more dramatic.
And then there's the link walker - strider - hobbit :)

Didn't know Hobbit beach was a real place. Any connection to Tolkien's work?
Or is Oregon a gateway to middle-earth :)
Much appreciated, Bart. You'll make a B&W photographer out of me yet! :) I too like the second one for that very reason. I retained the foreground in #2 only to be different from #1 and then decided that in #2 the empty foreground does make the beach walker look more isolated.

I'm sure it's derived from Tolkien—you access the beach by going down a steep path, part of which is deeply eroded into a deep U-shaped trench that is overgrown by dense shrubs, forcing you into a crouch—a hobbit could stand upright.

So well done Nick. These are the types of photos I always have trouble with composing. You definitely have the eye for it.

Thanks. When I shot it, it was the mist/spray that caught my eye, but I could never get the colors and the contrast right. Reducing the scene to its elements was both instructional and rewarding.

Very nice! I prefer the composition of #1.

Thanks Mitch. I do like the more detailed left side background.

Nice Nick...really like that 1st, great clouds and sky and I like the silver of the wet sand and surf creating a silhouette of the couple on the beach. Very nice set.

Thanks John. I'm really liking the newest SilverEfex. A hot day with the first hint of smoke kept me indoors and at my computer!

D

Deleted member 960

I knew it was Oregon coast somewhere, love 'em both, Nick!

Didn't know Hobbit beach was a real place. Any connection to Tolkien's work?
I'm sure it's derived from Tolkien—you access the beach by going down a steep path, part of which is deeply eroded into a deep U-shaped trench that is overgrown by dense shrubs, forcing you into a crouch—a hobbit could stand upright.

Here is part of that path down to Hobbit Beach:

Meme14-004_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom