On the Beach

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bendheim, Mar 6, 2005.

1. I'm not too good at nature pix, but we were at the beach this weekend...
    All at Margate, KwaZulu Natal South Coast, South Africa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First image - Manual, 30s@f18 , the rest I dunno. All with the D70.

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Geezz Peter, I'd hate to see what you were like if you were good at nature shots.

I like the first one a lot, but it looks a little noisy. Love the second one. Not so keen on the third, but it does say something and what it says aint nice. :)

Neil

3. Thanks Neil - your kind comments really appreciated.
    The first one is actually quite clean as a full sized tiff. The bright little dots you are seeing on the left are actually barnacles and molluscs reflecting off a torch light that I brandished around a bit trying to lighten some of the rocks during the 30 secs... It also looks a bit odd because it was saved as a 3 quality JPEG to keep the file size down.

4. Peter your photography in South Africa is superb! I visited your site and must recommend everyone go check it out. Some awesome images - truly inspirational stuff.

Well done my friend ... well done.

5. Love the first one

very nicely done great mood and almost surreal looking . You are a very accomplshed photgrapher

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Beautiful Peter. the first one in particular, stunning.

7. What do you mean your not good at nature pictures. My gosh you have some beautiful shots here. Keep sharing your also rans.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Todd,

Peter is one of the most inspirational photographers that I have ever seen. His photo essays are quite moving. His website does have a lot of good stuff.

Well done Peter!

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Echoing what the others have said Peter, very nice shots. I should be so unaccomplished.... :?

Frank

10. bendheim, you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful photography. Thank you!! :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: