On the Job

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by EdMac, Jan 2, 2006.

1. It has been raining and overcast around here today, and I wanted to get some pictures with the D200. We had a call to assist with an accident, so I took the D200 instead of the D100. Of course I used my rain cover. These were taken at ISO 400 with my 28-105 Nikon lens at around f 3.8. That is wide open for this lens. Exposure was right on.
    The driver of this car was very lucky. The pole was rotted and broke in half. The wires up top were high tension lines, and did not break. The pole could have crashed throuh the windshield and did not. The middle of the car is resting on the stump of the pole.
    I am very pleased with the performace of the D200. Enjoy.:smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great stuff, Ed. The images are spectacular...the content and the quality. The person who survived that crash should do two things...light a candle at church and buy a lottery ticket.

3. Lucky

High Frank,

You have that right. As we were arriving on scene, I thought it was going to be a fatal. It wasn't until we got up parallel that you could see that the pole did not penetrate the windshield. This happend around 3:00Pm today, and the electric company is still out there at 6:30.

My plan was to keep the D100 in service for fire jobs, but I had to try the D200. Thanks for the comments.:smile:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ed that is truly incredible. Wow

Images are top notch. Nailed it.

So the D200 may be servicable for "work" photography :>))) hummmmmm
    Think so.

5. Work Photography

I have to tell you it is a sweetheart to work with. I used ISO 400 like it was 200 on the D100. I still plan to use the D100 for fire jobs. There is no sense in risking the D200 in tough environments, but I had to try it.

Yeah, the person was very lucky. It is spooky working around those high tension lines especially on a rainy day. Rubber boots come in real handy.
    Thanks for your comments.:biggrin:

6. Wow, Ed! That's an incredible situation that you captured very well.

I concur with Frank that the driver should rush and light up a candle at the closest church, but forget about the lottery ticket: this guy has just used up all the luck he had to last his lifetime! Wow...

7. Ed, those images are remarkable. That driver is very blessed! Glad you were able to test the D200 in those circumstances. Looks like it performed admirably.

8. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Wow, That's an incredible shots.

9. Candle

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for the nice words. I quess that the lucky thing was that pole was rotted and pretty weak. If it had been solid, the circumstances might have been far worse. So far, I am impressed with the D200.:smile:

10. Test

Hi Crystall,

Thank you,
    You see some strange things in this life. I guess the person had some divine intervention.

11. truly amazing. I would hope the driver and newspaper both have a copy of this shot.
    Dave

12. Incredible

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments.:smile:

13. Copy

Hi Dave,

Neither one has copies. I do this as part of my job with the fire company, and do not send any copies to the newspapers. As far as the owner, I try to stay out of the possibilites of being involved with victums. It is both persnal and legal.:smile:

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;