On the learning curve (Osprey)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Nice set Gary. I like the last one the best. Osprey have such a nice feather pattern, I just love to look at their wings when spread out like this.

Louie

2. Thanks Louie Twice :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They are a pretty bird

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great stuff Gary. I've yet to capture a raptor in flight and yours make me want my own even more. I'll settle for viewing yours until my chance comes along. I never get tired of viewing your images.

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Yup, great shots Gary. I'm going to have to drive over to Northern Alabama (just north of my old stomping grounds of Gardendale) and see if I can't find some great raptors like this. :biggrin:

5. Thanks Frank

Ive got some spots now that seem to produce birds regularly

Thanks Peet

There seems to be a abundance

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wtg Gary
    keep them coming

7. Very nice, I see them every day but it has been totally rainy. But I did see the sun this afternoon. Your shots are great my fav was #1.

8. snakeman

snakeman

Feb 26, 2006
    UK
    Nice shots Gary...love the low angle of the first one mate..

9. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    I think #3 would have to be very close to what you want? They are all better than what I have of this bird which is Zero. I may be the only bird photographer alive that doesn't have an Osprey image.:rolleyes:

10. snugelbune

snugelbune

Mar 15, 2006
    NYC suburbs
    I like them...more practice and you'll just make everyone jealous :biggrin: My parents moved to northern Alabama a few years ago, and I've wanted to get down there at different times of the year because I'm sure you have "better birds" than we have up here (save for the bald eagles in the winter...though you might have them too, then I'd really be jealous!). Now that I know you have Osprey there, I'm going to HAVE to book a trip!!

I really like the first and last shots, though all of them are good in my eyes.

11. WOW, Thank you all I'm Flattered at the number of responses.

I really appreciate You all for taking the time to look.

12. Here you go Michelle

We do have Eagles taken 2 days ago.

Youtalkingtome.

13. I see you are using the Canon 20D and are shooting at 700mm. I assume that using a teleconverter; what focal length is the lens?

14. I'm Shooting a Cannon 500/4 with Canon 1.4TC on a 20D body.

I'm waiting to get the Mark3 when it is released.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ray,

I have been holding this back for a while now, but you give me the perfect opening. :biggrin:

Gary and I met at the Guntersville dam (on the Tennessee river) last summer. He seemed like a nice guy (even if he did take a shot of me snoozing next to my cam / tripod :rolleyes:), and I told him about NikonCafe, and invited him to join. He seemed to doubt that a bunch of Nikon shooters would welcome a Canon user, but I told him that it wasn't even a minor concern - we like all photographers, and don't care what brand they shoot.

To make a long story short, Gary decided to join our merry band, and is now one of our most active members. He did an outstanding job at the Cafe get together last month, guiding everyone around, helping folks find great shots, and just generally serving as a great representative for the Tennessee Valley.

Just goes to show that nice folks fit in well with other nice folks, in spite of the fact that some shoot with white lenses. :smile:

16. I don't care what brand he is using; just wondering what the focal length of the lens was as I am unfamiliar with the Canon lineup... his photos speak for themselves :smile:

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I couldn't agree more.

18. Thanks For the Testimony Frank I'll pay you the Quarter I owe later. LOL :smile:

19. Thanks Ray That was nice.

I also shoot with a 300/4 Prime also with/without 1.4TC which gets to 420/5.6for Deer or larger animals. My GBH shots today were also shot with the 500 and TC.