On the mend, out the window.

Real Name
Bill
I'm moving around quite a bit better since the surgery but not quite good enough to go for a hike yet. I was joking to a friend that I'll just have to sit on the sun porch and let the wildlife come to me in the meanwhile.
I guess the critters missed me out there and on Sunday morning they paid me a visit.

First up a Mule Deer buck at the front of the house.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not too long after that a pair of Bobcats at the back of the house.

This one is pretty lousy as the glass messed with my focus but a soft photo is better than no photo. (I guess).

Momma kitty

Little kitty

Hope you're on the mend, Bill. Nice of the critters to be so obliging. Nice shots. The pose, surroundings, BG, everything about the mule deer shot is excellent. Wonder if the grey face is indicative of age? No issues with focus on momma cat. Nice portrait.

Real Name
Bill
So nice to have friends drop by for a visit. All great shots, but you gotta love the bobcats though - a close cousin to our Canadian Lynx.
Thanks, it's been a while since some have come through. I was getting concerned that the local trappers got to them so seeing a small family makes me happy.
Hope you're on the mend, Bill. Nice of the critters to be so obliging. Nice shots. The pose, surroundings, BG, everything about the mule deer shot is excellent. Wonder if the grey face is indicative of age? No issues with focus on momma cat. Nice portrait.
Thanks Dan. Our local Muley population is quite strong and we live on the migration route. It's not uncommon to have a couple dozen of them in the yard.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Welcome, back!!!! And what a stunning mule deer shot! Nice pose and lovely background! And a feline visit, too! Not only will you feel better after this, but you'll be trim and ready for hiking also!

Real Name
Bill
Welcome, back!!!! And what a stunning mule deer shot! Nice pose and lovely background! And a feline visit, too! Not only will you feel better after this, but you'll be trim and ready for hiking also!
Thanks Karen. I got out today for a bit of a walk and everything feels pretty good.
Excellent. Where I live a squirrel would be the best I could get.
Thanks Allan. Yeah but knowing you it will be the best Squirrel picture one could hope for.
Glad you're feeling better and back at it Bill, what a sight to see out your window. Great job.
Thanks Louie. I might have to hang out here more often.

Wow, great window!!
I think I told you I had a very good friend that had the same type surgery about 10 days ago.
He is not up to doing what you are. Keep up the good work.
At the same time, take it easy. You can not rush healing
gary

Real Name
Bill
Great shots and great news, Bill. I love that muley shot!
Thanks. I saw another really nice Muley buck today but I would have had to hike to it so it'll have to wait until next time.
Wow, great window!!
I think I told you I had a very good friend that had the same type surgery about 10 days ago.
He is not up to doing what you are. Keep up the good work.
At the same time, take it easy. You can not rush healing
gary
Thanks Gary. My abdomen from all the incisions is still where most of my tenderness is coming from. I couldn't do a sit up right now if my life depended on it.

Real Name
Bill
So nice to hear you are doing well. Lucky you to have all those amazing critters outside your window to watch while you recover!! Keep sharing!!
Thanks Terri. I enjoy them, the Deer are my wife's nemesis because of what they do to her garden.
Beautiful set. It's nice to be able to take these photos right at home.
Thanks Phil!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom