On the move in New Zealand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These comments reminded me of an old thread from 2011when the big earthquakes happened.
Here's a screenshot to show that I was initially blamed for it!!!

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.35.02 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done Desmond. I’m constantly amazed at the difference in house prices when you look outside of Auckland.
Thanks Maurie, Auckland is ridiculous with the cost of housing. The advantage of living in Auckland is that one day you can sell when you retire and buy something better for cheaper elsewhere.

Congratulations, Desmond!!!! This is exciting news! How long will it take to go through all the usual purchasing process/inspections/closing/settlement, etc., and then you can move in?
The sale of our house took 5 days to go unconditional. We're just negotiating with the bank now on the purchase of our new house - maybe in a week it will go through, once I get a contract from my new employer to show the bank.

Real Name
Andy
Although we just moved, I've been daydreaming about moving to NZ lately. Reading this thread whets my appetite for the idea even more. Congrats on your move from the North to South Island, Desmond.

Thanks everyone, New Zealand is a great place to live. Life is pretty much back to normal here since any 'fresh imports' go into managed quarantine for a few weeks so covid19 is quite well controlled [for now at least]

Real Name
Paul
Congrats Desmond! So glad NZ has the coronavirus contained. We just had our daily update in BC and now two days in a row of record breaking numbers. Take care!

Congrats Desmond! So glad NZ has the coronavirus contained. We just had our daily update in BC and now two days in a row of record breaking numbers. Take care!
It's scary how many new cases 'we' import - but as long as they stay in managed isolation it's ok [possibly?]
I see the numbers worldwide are steadily getting worse.

Tomorrow the container arrives - it cost half as much as a normal moving company but we have to wait an extra week for our stuff to arrive at the new house. I sold my little van and bought a trailer. It means we have to be very picky about what we take with. Why do humans need so much junk?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom