On the move in New Zealand.

Excellent cabling! And the house looks great too!
Thanks, I'm told it's "only cat5" but as long as it's easy to set up my security camera system and NAS I'm happy :)
Today I found out that when I turn on the 3 taps outside pop-up sprinklers appear all over the yard - looks like we got a lot more than we bargained for :D

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks, I'm told it's "only cat5" but as long as it's easy to set up my security camera system and NAS I'm happy :)
Today I found out that when I turn on the 3 taps outside pop-up sprinklers appear all over the yard - looks like we got a lot more than we bargained for :D
I have found that with reasonably short cable runs, i.e. in a normal house, Cat5 cabling will work fine at 1000 Mb/s, I am doing it right now. In an office building one would need to do it all to Cat6 standard.

I have found that with reasonably short cable runs, i.e. in a normal house, Cat5 cabling will work fine at 1000 Mb/s, I am doing it right now. In an office building one would need to do it all to Cat6 standard.
That's good - I don't have a need for extreme speeds anyway.
I think it's bedtime for me here, otherwise I will have to listen to the wife playing the video again :D

Desmond,
Your new home is absolutely gorgeous.
Congratulations to you and your wife.
Piggy seems to be enjoying the new surroundings as well.

I can't imagine buying a house to live in without walking through it. Is that done often these days?
Neither could I until now - with the photos and 3D walkthrough it made it a bit easier - along with the fact that
everyone who discussed it with us mentioned that it was 'stunning'. We also got my new employer to do the final
pre-purchase inspection and his reports were good - and he had mentioned that he used to drive by and see it being built 5 years ago and they used really good framework.
I would still have preferred to see it in person, we had a look at the street in Google maps and the area itself
is "average" but it ticks a lot of boxes, right next to a park with a dog exercise area, only one neighbour opposite then a church on the corner, one neighbour to the side of us and one behind meaning less noise.

Yesterdays new discoveries, the round buttons for the lights in most rooms make the lights go dim
or bright if you hold them down - and if I turn on the 3 outlets at the tap outside sprinklers pop up
out of the ground!

Get the camera ready, let the dog out onto the lawn, and turn those sprinklers on. :ROFLMAO:
My little boy! He will lose trust in me! :D
He was ok with sleeping in a tent on the way down - as long as he's with us.

127120976_4986259828058788_5083928101012438482_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Congratulations Desmond on your new home. It looks wonderful.

Although I have visited the South Island many times, I don't recall ever being to Ashburton. The company I work for has an office there.

All the best for your new job as well!

Congratulations Desmond on your new home. It looks wonderful.

Although I have visited the South Island many times, I don't recall ever being to Ashburton. The company I work for has an office there.

All the best for your new job as well!
Thanks Richard, I think since Ashburton is between the sea and the mountains people bypass it :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom