On the road...

Traveled quite a bit for work and vacation over the past few weeks. Started off in Oregon for work, headed to NY (Long Island) the following week to visit my wife's family, and then went to Sacramento for work. Got to spend a week at home, and now I'm off again in the morning for Illinois/Iowa for the next two weeks.

All shots with D600 and either 24/1.4G, 50/1.8G, or 85/1.8G. I switched to the D600 from the D800 earlier this year; after relatively (for me) heavy use, and having used both quite a bit now, I decided that I prefer the D800 and miss the 24-120/4 for travel.

Also giving mirrorless a shot again; bringing a NEX-6, 16-50 and 35/1.8 OSS with me to the midwest to try to travel a bit lighter.

Started off in Oregon. Visited a forging shop in Albany, stayed in Corvallis.
1. Reser Stadium, Oregon State University; Corvallis, OR
DSC_3867-2_zps16d04643.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Somewhere along the Oregon coast, north of Newport. Multiple shots stitched. This is the first time I've seen the Pacific...very different than the flat Gulf/Atlantic beaches that I'm used to, but it was incredible.
View attachment 1200885

3. Multnomah Falls
View attachment 1200886

Next, to NY...
4. 9/11 Memorial. Multiple shots stitched (8, I think); some stitching errors that I need to go back and try to fix but I still like it. This was the day before Memorial Day, huge, huge lines to get in. Took us a little over an hour to get past security. Overheard some of the staff say this was one of the busiest days they've had there. My sister-in-law and her husband decided not to wait, I'm very glad we did though.
View attachment 1200887

5. Had to take a picture of Atlas.
View attachment 1200888

6. We ate here...our only meal in the city on the trip. I screwed up my back early in the day and it felt incredibly good to sit down and have a good meal.
View attachment 1200889

to be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
Off to California...
7. This is off the road somewhere on the Nevada side at the south end of Lake Tahoe
DSC_4299_zps1e15bd67.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. Cascade Lake, South Lake Tahoe, CA area. Multiple shots stitched.
View attachment 1200900

9. Eagle Falls, near Emerald Bay. Two shots stitched.
View attachment 1200901

10. Alcatraz seemed a lot closer to land than I expected. I had always just assumed it was way out there. I guess it is 1.5mi or so but it seemed close.
View attachment 1200902

11. Walking around Fisherman's Wharf
View attachment 1200903

12. Walking around Fisherman's Wharf
View attachment 1200904

13. Ate dinner at Bistro Boudin...really enjoyed everything about this place.
View attachment 1200905

14. Wandered over to this place after checking out the Golden Gate Bridge...had no idea what it was at the time but thought it looked cool. Palace of Fine Arts; San Francisco, CA
View attachment 1200906

Brian, excellent shots, made me feel like I was there, looked like you are having a good time.

Thanks for sharing,
Phil..........:smile:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
These are just marvelous; each one of them! Thank for sharing your trip. I really like these!

Appreciate the comments, and the offer, Ken. I am down in the southeast corner of the state (Burlington) and am flying out of Moline. Thanks though.

Great shots. Like each one a lot.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom