On the tram

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Disconnected

[​IMG]

Connected

[​IMG]

Definitely connected

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  2. all red xs, ray
    not sure why

3. Should be fixed now Greg. Originally I was trying something directly from Mobile Me and it didn't work!

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Definitely cool, especially the last one.

What is 'Mobile Me?' sounds like something more to screw up my cell phone. :frown:

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Michael: It's something to screw up Macintosh computers AND iPhones at the same time!

Ray, is this the same superia? And that camera is an OM ... what, 1?

6. Chris, it's good old Superia! Now look at the 2nd picture. The big guy in the yellow tee is Gustavo who lives in LA and is a friend of Matt's from Apug. They both recently had some of their photos in an exhibit in Shanghai. Matt wasn't real happy lugging his Hassleblad around in China so when he returned I sold him the OM-1 so in the future he'd have a small slr as a carry around camera and that's what Matt's holding in that pic. I'm now using both an OM-2 n and sp.

7. Thanks Mike. It's really surprising if you approach people in the right way how you can shoot with a camera right in their face - in this case a 50mm lens! And mobile me is an Apple fiasco!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  8. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    After giving you the response I gave you, I received an email from Apple about Mobile Me. It is a replacement for .Mac?? I guess I need to pay more attention to some of this stuff. I hope it doesn't screw up what little I have on my .Mac account. Oh well…

I really thought the third picture was great. Well done! Is this the Gustavo who posts so much stuff on the Large Format Forum? He has some great work out there. I need to get out my view camera and really start using it. Now that Patty is getting better i may have a chance to do just that. :smile:

9. That would most likely be him and he shoots mostly large format although that day he was toting around a Russian Industar dvadsat tri (23) folder 120 camera!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    MobileMe is .Mac with push technology to automagically move files between machines. I used the Sites folder on .Mac and it worked the same on MobileMe. I think people who used the automagic features of iPhoto or iWeb may have had to make adjustments.

Where is this Large Format Forum of which you speak? Although I have 2 LF cameras and several lenses, I am not very good at using them. (Worse even than I am at MF!)

---------

Ray, do you prefer the 2 because of AE or the OTF capabilities? I was thinking about a 2, but opted for a Nikon FG instead (cause it was cheap), which is a similar camera as far as capabilities go (but of course OMs are the Leicas of SLRs... :Tongue: )

Anyway, seeing that OM1 made me want to pull mine out and shoot it! It's my favorite camera of all time of course, but ever since my shutter broke (it got fixed by zuiko.com), I've been leery of it's delicateness. I don't worry at all about the FG breaking. If it does, then it does.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. Chris, Apug is the Analog Photographers User Group:http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php. Beware though, these guys are merciless purists! :biggrin: Over time I just found myself picking up the OM2 more than the 1. And I do use the AE a lot since I can take a quick reading and lock it although the manual mode on the n model brings up a match needle system. The n model is as silky smooth as an OM1. The Sp model does not have that same feel. All in all for me it's about the speed and efficiency of the 2's. When I'm out and about and something is shaping up quickly I can aim the camera and focus using the matte part of the viewfinder (love Oly's big bright viewfinder) and I've got it. For me these are quicker than my old Bessa R3a and they're just as small.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  12. Lynn, I just smiled and lifted my camera and shot! My friend Bill had the opportunity to meet Gary Winogrand years ago and went out shooting with him. Gary apparently was a very affable fellow when he was out and about. I think that allowed him to get many of the pictures that he did. Not that I place myself in the same stratosphere as Winogrand!