On watches and the 85PC: Girard-Perregaux Opera Two

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Ming Thein, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Shot with three speedlights, D2HS, 85PC and extension tubes. Enjoy! :)

Ming

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Those are some sweet products shots!! I love them all, they are exceptional!

3. MikeG

MikeG

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Ming,

Splendid images and beautiful timepiece.

Great work.

NAWCC #0083087

4. YES yes yes ! I knew that the PC lenses were very usefull to control DOF, but this one ALSO looks extremely sharp !

...although i beleive that it needs quite some time to "master" the exact amount of tilt and shift to get such result as on you #1 pic !

Nice piece of "minute-repeater" BTW...

Cheers,
    J-P.

5. Fantastic! That gives an idea of what the 85PC can do. I have not yet used it for product shots like these but even in standard macro stuff it excells in sharpness.

Cheers

6. That is a serious watch Ming! I am a Breitling boy myself, but this one is beautiful as are your pictures of it.

7. Thanks everybody! I actually did a load more for GP...will post soon! :)

Ming

8. What is an 85 PC?

9. The 85/2.8 tilt-shift micro nikkor, of course! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

10. Very nice product shots, Ming! I would love to have that lens for macro work.

Johnny, the 85 PC is a tilt shift macro lens. Its a very sharp and highly rated lens that allows you to adjust it to bring a plane that is not parallel to the camera mount face into focus. Here is a link to Nikon Canada's site for the lens description:

http://www.nikon.ca/products/pc-micro-85/

11. Thanks Dennis. The only catch is that it only goes to 1:2; however, this is easily rectified by extension tubes :biggrin:

Ming

12. Nice lighting, detail, beautiful watch. Really nice work on all of these. The 6th one gives such a feeling of movement.

13. Thank you. They're for an exhibition by the manufacturer at the end of next year, so it looks like I won't get crucified when I submit my images later :biggrin:

Ming

14. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very well done Ming..

15. Very inspiring Ming!

16. Thanks guys! More to come, I photographed about nine watches in three hours...manic session.

Ming