1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

One Curious Squirrel

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by seabee1999, Sep 2, 2008.

1. This past weekend while at Yosemite, my wife and I took a quick hike to Mirror Lake. When we arrived, I was a bit disappointed because the lake was bone dry. My wife and I rested under a tree and these 2 very curious squirrels came by looking for food. One of them was really brave and sniffed around the sole of my hiking boots. At any rate, one stayed still long enough to let me photograph him. Enjoy.

God Bless,
    David

D1x and 80-200

363830847_36qmo-L.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. So how / where / what can I improve this shot?

God Bless,
    David

3. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    At best, this is going to be a picture of a squirrel with no real drama or interest to it.
    I would crop it much more tightly get rid off all the stone, etc. that contributes nothing to the image and, in the front, is OOF at best.

[​IMG]
    By llorton

4. Thank you Lew for your honest and helpful critique. It was exactly what I was looking for. I'll go back tonight and recrop the image to show less of the stone.

God Bless,
    David

5. I agree about the crop. As far as framing it better in camera it would be more appealing at the squirrel's eye level, just like with kids. You may have even gotten true eye contact that way. And unless the surrounding ADD to the photo, it's best to just fill the frame with the subject.

6. Thanks Sonya for the critique. I'll do my best to fill the frame better next time.

God Bless,
    David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.