One eagle nest visit yesterday

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Weather was very hazy, impossible to use telescope as the rays were jumping so I did not take many photos but I kept this one for the documentation on this day there being two eaglets. These birds are now about 8 to 9 weeks of age and look very good. I did see one parent roosting about 300 feet upriver from the nest. Distance here is about 700 feet and I used my 800 MM off a tripod and the photo is a FF photo
    Lou
    PS That is not sky behind them but the side of a mountain and should be green. That is how hazy it was.

561378555_af720b8937_o.

2. They look big enough to Strech their wings now and then.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice.
    I have never seen an Eaglet in the wild:<(((((

Only pics.
    So I really enjoy them being posted.

So glad they are doing well.

How is the Hawk family doing.

4. Lucky you Lou. I've only seen eagles at the zoo. Living in Los Angeles I'm used to the smog & on shore haze we get. That looks far better to me I'm used to getting gray/white backgrounds due to weather.

Thanks for sharing

Lil

5. Yes Gary they did and I had the remote on the camera and the 800 locked on the nest as I sat in the shade of some brush and took a few of them doing that but they were so poor they were not worth trying to save. All I really need is one to have a date and time that they are OK. I used to have to write this all down but now with digital BINGO one click and you have it all.
    Thanks for the look.
    Lou

6. HI Gale well most people have not either so that is the reason we here in N.Y. try so hard to show these photos to all kinds of groups so they learn about the eagle and there nesting. School kids are great and a lot of fun. They do surprise you though with some of their questions and also some of the answers they have.
    I posted some info on them from Sat. and I just put the scope on them this morning and all was good. I don't like to bother them to much in hot weather.
    Thanks for looking
    Lou

7. O lil that is a shame as unless the eagle is not capable of making it in the wild to live in a zoo. I think you should make some time in your life and get to a place for maybe a photo vacation where eagles migrate to in the cold weather. You will not regret it I promise.
    Here take a look click on the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/loub/sets/72157600380786164/

and than on the slide show upper right and watch this beautiful female take her lunch. I followed her from the tree she was roosting in right on through the dive and the kill. Make it a part of your life.
    Lou

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I need to move to you neck of the woods:>)))lolol

9. Gale, You don't have to come this far. Wait for just after Thanksgiving and into Jan. and plan a trip to the Conowingo Dam (old Hwy. #1 North & South) goes right over it. Exit 93 on I-95 in Perryville Maryland. Good Ramada Inn right in Perryvill and the Dam is about 8 miles north of it. Motel rates are off season and the service is great, people very nice and besides the off season rates if your old enough (not asking how old you are now):smile: you get a seinor citizen discount. The Dam, loaded with eagles and good photography all day long and if they open the gates the eagles go crazy. Look it up.
    Lou

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Have seen those pics from there Lou.
    I don't travel anymore though

11. Well I can't blame you for that GAle so you will need to find a florida bird.
    Lou