One Flower

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by nburwell, Jul 23, 2005.

1. One last post, before I head out to enjoy the Philly nightlife. I really love my 50mm lens. I took this in front of my house. Converted to sepia and adjusted brightness/contrast, curves and levels in PS.

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shot...wouldn't have thought to convert a gerbera daisy to sepia...they have such bright colors...but i like what you did. nice job.

3. Thanks, Leigh! Since you mentioned the colors. Here is the orginial, full with color.

DSC_0031-01_web.

4. Nice shot Nick.......I'm right there with ya when it comes to the 50mm!! :D :D :D :D

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nick, you definitely have a handle on B&W. As with your previous shot, I find this one kind of moody and brooding. Is that a coincidence or is that your objective with shots like this one?

6. Thanks, Brian and Frank!

Frank, I do shoot a lot of my that are moody, per se. Most of the time it's intentional, but this particular time it happened to be a conicidence. As for B&W, I really love shooting. Even when I had my N80, I shot primarily B&W. I just love it for some reason.