One for the Day

Photography is too much fun! Today I used my reflector to soft the light on these ranuculus blooms, then post processes in PSCS, masked the flowers and blurred the background to produce this result.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Date/Time 21-Apr-2005 10:14:40
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D70
Flash Used No
Focal Length 105 mm
Exposure Time 1/125 sec
Aperture f/10
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias -1/3
White Balance (-1)
Metering Mode matrix (5)
Exposure Program: Adobe sRGB iii
aperture priority (3)

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Virginia it don't get much better than this.

Beautiful

I think I might try removing the red hue above the red flower and see wht it looks like.

I would sure like to know how to do that.

Gale said:
I would sure like to know how to do that.
Me too....as I'm just now learning how to process them once I've taken them I know I have a lot to learn. Would you mind sharing your "method"? Your end result is very ethereal...very pleasing to my eyes.

Version #2- Background Replacement

The hue above the orange flower comes from blurring the background. This is a side effect from the amount of the blur I used. This took me a while to do because it required masking the floral area rather precisely. I used my Wacom Intuos 3 pen to refine the mask area.

In this version I replaced the background color and reduced the opacity to 65%. Do you like it better?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

In a word YES. The halo (esp. red) on the original was just a little distracting but it was still a beautiful picture. This is even better. The more I see people work with the Wacom tablet the more I think I should have one.

Virginia

This is a fine piece of work. Very well composed and post processed.

The reflector helped, you might be helped significantly by a diffuser as well.

Thanks for the link, Martin. I'll have to give the lens blur treatment a try. I used a Gaussian blur for this image and then painted the background. As with everything you do in PS, there are multiple ways to accomplish the same thing.

Your macro photography is just outstanding. You have a great talent to share and I, for one, am most appreciative of having you here.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Thanks Virginia, I am glad I finally registered here, seems to be a very friendly place.

Here is an example using the lens blur, I found the background was competing to much with the subject so I lens blurred and I think it makes the subject stand out better now.

Look very nice, Virginia. Great post-process. I have used a much more complicated process to create similar halo effect. I now learn a new and simpler one, thank to you. Regards.

beaucamera said:
Glad you guys liked the reprocessed image. Anand I mis spoke when I said I used a reflector. It was actually a diffuser.

Virginia
aka beaucamera
Now it makes sense :), it did not look like a reflector :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom