One for Virginia

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Nov 13, 2005.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

I know how much you like Photoshop (and how good you are with it)
    Just wanted to share this fun with you.

All the best

Ray

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great stuff, Ray. The illusion is tastefully done...

3. A new take on infinity

Wow, Ray, looks like you are having fun. :smile: Thanks for doing a special creation for me! It's interesting to see the repeated motiffs going into infinity. It's almost as if this little girl is on a spaceship floating in time. What a clever use of PS! I really enjoy seeing your work. You've already taught me a lot and I want to learn more so keep it up! You are a very skilled and talented master of the art of PS!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Your subject is a little soft, especially around her face. Was that how she was before you masked her? Perhaps others might be interested in how you did this. I have a pretty good idea, but it might be informative to others who would like to learn what steps are needed to do something like this. Could you provide a brief explanation?

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Virginia

Had a look on your site and there is some really great stuff there.

Love your work with collages of flowers - superb. You have obviously been into PS long before me as I started in earnest about December 2004 when I decided to start processing my shots.

Re my shot - it is a while since I did it but having seen what you are doing with PS I thought....hey, Virginia may like to have a look at that.

I don’t know why it is a bit soft? Not intentional...not sure.

I did it a little while ago and the workflow I can only try to remember.

I think it was as follows:

Got a shot where Maria had arms out - not posed - just happened.

Then I created an out of bounds/frame illusion.

The back to the original shot and made a duplicate to work with.

In the duplicate I then created a frame and changed perspective in the transform tol.

I then got the duplicate image and pasted it into the arms of maria and adjusted size.

Then I repeated that process etc.

Then I copied the whole picture of Maria with the picture etc into her arms in the OOB shot and created frame and perspective again.

Now I hope that makes just a little sense!!!

Anyway, if anyone does need the psd I can always e mail it.

Once again, many thanks Virginia.

Very best wishes

Ray

5. Out of Bounds Tutorial

Okay, I must admit you tackled this image in ways I never imagined. I wasn't familiar with the Out of Bounds Perspective technique, "OOB", so I googled it up and found this tutorial. I thought I post the link here just in case anybody else might be a dummy like me!

http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=161043&print=1

Thanks, Ray, for offering something new to learn today.

Virginia

6. To add to Rays comment. This is what is called an Out of Bounds picture. If interested, The action can be found on atncentral.com

7. Thanks, Melissa. Action Central to the rescue again!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera