One from the past

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Seeing some of your recent shots, thought I would share an early abstract I did back in 2005, an old barn door that I pushed the saturation on. It also looks nice inverted too:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the inversion effect Wade. Have you tried a horizontal flip on the invert, and placing it next to the red original? The color sets rock.
What I have printed up in a horizontal ratio is a matted and framed print with the red square first, a BW conversion in the middle, and the inversion on the right, two inch borders all the way around and in between, black frame, It really looked stunning framed up as one large 14x38 framed piece. (10 inch prints)

I never even thought about flipping this. Something new to consider!

Real Name
Chris
What I have printed up in a horizontal ratio is a matted and framed print with the red square first, a BW conversion in the middle, and the inversion on the right, two inch borders all the way around and in between, black frame, It really looked stunning framed up as one large 14x38 framed piece. (10 inch prints)

I never even thought about flipping this. Something new to consider!
I'll bet it looks great - red, (black and ) white and ... well, cyan is blue to us colorblinds.

If you try the flip with the triptych, have you thought about putting the middle one at 45 degrees, so it's a diamond shape with the stripe vertical.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll bet it looks great - red, (black and ) white and ... well, cyan is blue to us colorblinds.

If you try the flip with the triptych, have you thought about putting the middle one at 45 degrees, so it's a diamond shape with the stripe vertical.
Another good idea! Last night I was thinking about three framed square prints flipped and then placed on the wall at a diagonal.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom