One from this morning

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 24, 2005.

1. I put the sharpness on the bottom, on the seeds. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Gilles:

I like this look as it shows the dandelion "letting go" of its seeds. What lens are you using?

3. The lens is the 200f4 micro-nikkor that I borrow till tomorrow. I find that you need a lot of patience to use that lens at the maximum magnification, the zone of sharpness is very very thin at the max. I did not had too much time to use it because of the bad temperature, a lot of rain. I pick those weed on the side of the street and brought them on the patio to take the picture, but there was a small breeze that did not help.

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Gilles
    Do you find it easier to use than the 60? for flowers?

5. Patrickh, i don't know, i never used the 60. The one I owned is the PC85f2.8 micro-nikkor which only go to 1:2, i find that going from 1:2 to 1:1 is a great step specially that the 200f4 micro-nikkor which has a smaller angle of view and the zone of sharp focus is smaller with the 85. I can compare the zone of sharp focus of the 200f4 at 1:1 to the 85f2.8 with the canon 500D on, which is pretty near as short as the 200.

6. I like it. It shows the different stages of the flower. It wouldn't have worked the other way round IMHO (with the seeds out of focus). The critters also adds to the overall image.

Very well done!

Regards,
    Jonathan