one from this past weekend

Discussion in 'People' started by P'Cola-Roy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. here is an image from this past weekend. I completely goofed on thecrop when I shot it. I am on my daughters laptop now, watching the lakers & suns so I cant change it.

anyway c&C welcome

original.

2. Nice shot Roy. I would fix the hot spots on the gentleman's face...healing brush or clone tool should do the job.

3. thanks Keith. I need to do some reading and get some practice with the healing brush.

4. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    i'm not sure if the blown out collar bothers me or not...its late, and i've been procrastinating writing a paper :p

in general i like the lighting, and the hotspots on his face don't necessarily bother me.

i'd like her right hand more forward on his shoulder so you can see the fingers. without that the hand seems awkward. her right hand is just fine.

i like the expressions, and the lighting on them. but a hairlight, or some sort of backlight might be nice to get more separation from the background. a stronger light that tapers off on the background would work too, keeping the edge of the glow just above the shoulders/behind the heads.

most importantly though...the expressions are quite natural for a portrait, and if it was a picture of my (hypothetical) partner and myself, i'd be very pleased.

well done.

cheers,
    david

5. Roy, for me I would have had the couple the other way around i.e, the man standing. Why, as he is larger being in front he tends in my view to dominate the image too much so I think there would be more of a balance with the couple the other way.
    Apart from that I don't mind the exposure or the processing, good work.....

6. thanks for the input everyone

7. Hi, Roy. The poses and your models' expressions are outstanding, but the use of flash is much too obvious... particularly for a studio portrait. Some subjects just have reflective skin, and the only way to cope is with Photoshop. But I think the flash was too hot, too.

8. Thanks Frank. Making the subjects comfortable is something I am slowly getting better at. Now I just need my photoshop skills to keep up.:biggrin:

I do agree, they were somewhat hot on top of oily skin.

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice work Roy. A little tweak as suggested by Keith and you're in business.

10. Thanks Fred. I am working on them a few a night. I will revisit that one and see if I can make it a little better.

11. Great skin tones