One from today

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, May 23, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    While at Disney's MGM Studio's, we stopped by for a quick face painting. I was forced to used the dreaded on camera flash, and my 18-55 kit lens - the only zoom that I own. The coordinating colors were happenstance. Vaca is going well - I think we actually got through today without a major meltdown - those who have young children will know what I mean.:wink:

511674516_b41b728e46_o.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Precious little girl! Love to hear the happy news of, not only a good vacation, but of a meltdown-free day! Yes....I know EXACTLY what you mean! I hope tomorrow is just as successful for you! :smile:

3. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Nice pic, she is very cute! Glad you are having a good time! Thats what life is all about

4. Fred, great shot...

You mean there is such a thing as a melt-down free day? Wow..never heard of such a thing...:rolleyes:

5. There's way too many people poo-pooing those on-camera flashes but when you just want a picture to capture the moment they're A LOT better than nothing.

6. Your daughter is darling and the face painting is cute as can be. Love the coordinated colors.

7. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Love the candy necklace - btw - mine is 24 and major meltdowns still occur, they are just more costly - gorgeous little girl! Enjoy your vacation and taking pictures of your kids, not portraits, just regular old pictures!!

8. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Leigh! :smile:

Thanks Larz.

Thanks John. Actually I said "Major Meltdown" - you are right, the is no such thing as a melt-down free day. :smile:

Yea, without the OCF this shot would not have been possible. I brought along my SB600, but it adds too much bulk to the camera.

Thanks Gordon. The colors worked out perfectly.

Thanks Stephanie. I can only imagine the meltdowns that are in my future. Guess it's just part of the parent biz. :smile:

9. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Cute as can be. Meltdown, with that angelic face, no way :)

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Stephanie. The horns are hidden under those golden locks. :smile:

11. Great shot Fred!!! Enjoy the vaca and take lots of pics.

12. Fred, I've been wondering how your vacation has been going. You've had great weather!!

Nice pic to capture the moment. You've successfully kept her entertained with expensive face painting and a candy necklace. That's why no meltdown!!!

Don't apologize for the on camera flash. It comes in handy. I recently just bought a D200 for just these situations when I don't want to lug around a D2X and an SB800.

Keep the vacation pics coming!!

13. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Keith. We are having a blast, and I'm taking tons of photos.

Thanks Mitchell. The vacation is going well, though it took us 2 days to figure out how hard to push the kids. They can only take so much "fun"....:biggrin:

Well not a MAJOR meltdown anyway.

I agree. I went out with my SB600 one day, but it was just too much gear to lug around with the kids.

More pics coming.