One from today's shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jul 15, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Here's one from today's shoot with model Michi Simon. I used my new 28-70 for the first time - I am extremely impressed with the lens.

All comments welcome.

824630612_0ae74a7fd9_o.

2. :910:

WOW FRED! Now that is impressive...you have posted some tremendous things in the past, but IMHO this is your finest...hands down. Composition...love it. Lighting, couldn't be better...exposure, spot on...well done, sir.

Now you've gone and raised my 28-70 lust a little bit...darn you!

Seriously, what a tremendous image...BRAVO!!!

3. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Incredible shot Fred! Wow....and with natural light?

4. Agreed. Very nice!

5. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

man I'm in desperate need of some good glass.... [/envy]

good shot fred...

6. Very nice.

7. Beautiful!

Anthony

8. You sneaky little devil. :biggrin: Definitely a wonderful shot Fred! Nice to see you picked up the Beast and are giving it a whirl!!! I see Auto White Balance worked for you... I haven't been so lucky!

All in due time Maurice... :biggrin: Trust me, don't rush, because once you start, it's VERY difficult to stop!!!!

9. She is lovely and you have captured that so well. Very nice natural light image and I like your composition.

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

wow, this is lovely, Frede ....i like everything about it. the glass rocks and ironic u shot this @50mm .......;-))

11. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    This shot is, as good as it can get, thumbs up. :smile:

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Well done! You need to work with this model and the beast some more!

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pure lovely

14. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    MmmmmMmmmmM......gorgeous Fred!!

And congrats on The Lens......it's the Must Have for the kind of work you do.

15. jpappas

jpappas

Aug 28, 2006
    Cranbury, NJ
    Great shots, you've really captured the lighting. You are right the Princeton campus is a great place to photograph.

16. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good one Fred. Who'da thunk she was that old! (I snuck a peek at her portfolio). That's a testament to your skills. No softness here at wide open. I sent my Beast in for repairs, and it's still not perfect wide open on my 2X. @3.2 and more stopped down it's better.

17. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Very nice shot indeed.

18. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Wow thanks a million John. It must be the new glass....

Thanks much - used a 42" white reflector - no flash.

Thanks Brian.

Thanks Maurice. The 28-70 is a big time luxury that is really not needed to get great stuff.

Thanks so much.

Thanks Anthony!

Thanks Keith. It took a bit, but I finally found a beast. I am way impressed too. Actually I had to correct the WB in Capture NX - the image had a green color cast.

Thanks Gordon!

Thanks Nute - I used my 50mm 1.8 90% of the time for almost a year and a half, so I probably automatically stand 50mm away from my subject... :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words - I really appreciate it.

Thanks - never know...

Thanks you Gale!

Thanks Stuart. Agreed - the lens is amazing. This was my first shoot with it and I must admit, I thought the lens might be too big for my liking. I quickly forgot about it's size when I saw the images. It will never leave my bag - it's going in the box with me....:biggrin:

Thank you! Actually shot this at The Grounds for Sculpture - they have a site if you are interested.

Thanks Steve - Michi has great skin, and is top physical condition. She's a big health and fitness buff.

Sorry to hear about your Beast. You should send it back.

Thanks much! :smile: