One from yesterday...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, May 26, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Stopped by the Huntsville Botanical Garden yesterday to conduct a little business and decided to stay and shoot a few pictures... :D This is one of the ones I got from the butterfly garden that I was rather happy with. Not bad for a CoolPix I suppose....

[​IMG]

Cheers everyone...have a great day!

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh,

This is a beautiful shot, and there's nothing wrong with a Coolpix. 8)

For shots like this, a CP is actually probably better than a DSLR. It's lighter, and does a great job of getting the WB and exposure right. I sometimes wish that I still had my Sony 828 for just going out and shooting, or especially for taking kitty shots. :roll:

3. Leigh a great camera is useless unless you know what to do with it. I don't think it matters what camera you use you still take great photographs..

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys!

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    hey this is great! white balance looks on, sharp with good DOF.

Was wondering when you would be posting shots processed with that new monster computer. Dual screens are neat aren't they.

I take it you're liking this closeup/macro work? Surely that's not the only one you took?

6. not bad ?????? it is great!!!

7. Greg refferred to monster computer dual screens etc. what did you get? I just got a FANTASTIC system from Ron Resnik and added dual Viewsonic screens that Birger reccommended. I could not be happier.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really great shot Leigh,

I think the little P&S do a great job for this type of image. I miss the little Kodak already.I gave to someone. Capabilities with that camera and the color is super. Had two close up lenses for it, stackable.

hummmmmmm

9. Now that's vivid, great shot Leigh.

Martin

10. Great shot Leigh........sharp, luv the DOF and saturation of colors. Keep posting ;-) cam dont matter, only as good as the owner.............

thanks Leigh

Keith

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Leigh,

This is a great image. You have a good eye for photography. This image taken with your point and shoot is better than some of the images I have seen in this forum taken with the D2X.

Congrats and thanks for posting

Regards

RFC

12. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I just had to respond again. this is so good Leigh! Try a quartering frontal view next time as well. that way we could see more of his face and head (assuming they have faces). Whatever you did on this one...write it down!

BTW, have you thought about cloning out the bit of something on the lower left leaf?

I'd be happy with this one as well.

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again everyone for the kinds words! I really enjoy shooting w/my CP...it gives me a chance to explore the creative nature of photography w/o having to worry so much about the technical aspect of it. As I get better I think I might move up to a DSLR, but for now, I suppose I am doing okay. (and there's always Patrick's D2X I could swipe :D).
    Dave, Patrick's gonna get some info put up about the computer he built for us...I just know it's F-A-S-T!!!
    Greg, As soon as I learn to use photoshop, I'll work on cloning...right now I'm just using NikonCapture. It's quick and easy and for the most part suits my needs. But you are right, I do need to learn it to make the pic more pleasing....

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible in July at the Cafe get-together! I'm working on getting a few activities planned as well as arrangements for meals and such....
    Cheers to you all!