One good Tern deserves another

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DiverX, Jun 22, 2005.

1. :D

Sorry been so busy lately and have not been around much! I did get out various evenings after work with the D2x and my 200-400VR to take some shots at the local beach. I got back into bringing the 200-400VR lately instead of the 500 so I don't have to lug too much stuff around with me, tripod etc. All shots hand held at various ISO's and f'stops. Hope to get back to shooting soon, camera is going in to Melville for a tuneup tomorrow.:?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. they all look awesome!!! great combo \ nicely done!!

4. Great shots of very difficult birds to capture clearly. These are excellent and the leading edges on the first two shots are razor sharp! Love the wing placement in #4.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots of a difficult target George, and your processing exemplary. I'm impressed. :wink:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Agree with all of the above.

will add beautiful :>))

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    George

After shooting Terns myself last weekend, I found that group is useless on them (don't know if this is what you were using or not) as they simply aren't big enough and don't offer enough contrast unless they are front lit against a bright blue sky. If there was any haze / clouds, the only way I could lock them was to track them in while out of focus and lock them when they got close...otherwise the camera would loose them almost every time.

These suckers are almost as tough as the purple martins I've been shooting...and they change direction even more quickly!

Oh....by the way.....exquisite shots :)

8. just awesome george--sure doesn't look like your camera, or your eyes, need any kind of tune-up!

9. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shots, George! I sure like what you're able to do with that combo!

10. Just fantastic, very well done an inspiring series for all of us

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, these "terned" out great George!

So can they really "tern" on a dime? ;) :twisted:

12. Wow George! Hard to pick a fave from this series. Nice job!

13. Thanks so much folks! :D :D

I had a couple issues, minor, and I thought I would ask them to check the AF. Went to Melville today and chatted a little, they will check it out and have it back to me next Tuesday...nice to live in the neighborhood! :shock: :shock: