One happy doggie

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by BostonRott, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I don't think I've been out to schutzhund training in well over a year. Took Xcel and Vikka with me on Sunday. One of my friends (who also owns Xcel's daughter) grabbed my camera and shot a few frames while I was out working him. :biggrin:

Yep, he was one happy boy! And before anyone worries, he is a very pleasant dog who has all his certs to do therapy work (but I don't have time). :smile:

No better way to spend a beautiful day than catching bad guys!

I got my reward!!
    View attachment 247151

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    so where are you!? lol

3. Cropped outta the shots! :biggrin: I hate how I look, you'll rarely ever see a shot of me.

4. WOW! Awsome! Really like that "reward" shot!

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    but we don't hate how you look :frown: i like seeing my friends :tongue:

6. cool thread, gretchen
    nice shots
    i bet you had a great time

7. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    I'll second that 'happy doggie' comment!

Love that second capture - I've seen that look of smug self satisfaction before :) 

8. Nice shots Gretchen....
    But in the 2nd shot, is that all that was left of the "bad guy"... LOL...

9. Gretchen, love the shots, especially the "reward".

10. Wow, look how deep that bit is!:eek:  Looks like he is trying to swallow that sleeve.:tongue:

Excellents shot by your friend btw.

11. Thank you Dianne. :smile:

You know it Greg! I don't do the sport anymore, it's a big commitment of time and training........maybe when the kids are much older. But it's SO much fun to get out and dabble every now and then. :biggrin:

Hahahaa, I'll bet you have! Xcel carries his sleeve for long periods, and one of our pathways was a jaunt right past all the crowd, "look what *I* have!" He was one very happy Puppa!

Ha! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile: The number of minute details that must be "just so" in prepping for trial in this sport are incredible. I loved training it. Typically, from Puppy to trial ready (with most dogs, and with an experienced handler) is about 2 years of dedicated training.

Yeah Michael......those Dutch and German working lines.......boy ya just can't beat em. :biggrin: Grip is genetic, its there or its not. If it is, it won't go away (as some would have you believe). Not only is his deep, it's CALM! You couldn't ask for a better boy. He's 4 now, and has probably been worked all of 7 or 8 times in his life. Really messed him up, eh?? :tongue::tongue: The shame of it is that his fantastic ability will never be *proven* to the "experts." I just don't have time.

12. That's scary Gretchen - glad I'm not a bad guy!

Don

13. I hear you about the time Gretchen, Raelin actually did the weave poles a few months back in our last agility class, it was the last obsticle that she had to do before we could move on and possibly do an event. I am just swamped right now and barley have the time to walk her a few times a week.:rolleyes: 
    Hopefully one day I can get back to working her and do an agility event, even just one would be such a rush!

It is amazing how the dogs remember even after not working for a while. All they need is a quick reminder and they can pick up just about where you left off, simply amazing.

Oh, and your friend did well taking picks with your gear!

14. Come down for a weekend, you can run the girls in a trial, work Xcel and shoot my camera. :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

15. What a scary pup you have there! :eek:  Great shots though....

16. Nahhhh....he's just my puppy wuppy boy! :tongue:

(11/4/04)

17. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Beautiful Dog Gretchen. I have a friend who has 3 Rotts... big Rotts. I have always been partial to Boxers myself.

18. Now that sounds like a super fun weekend! :biggrin:

And look how deep that bite is in his puppy pic! that dog was born to work.:cool: 

19. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    These are fantastic Gretchen. I think it would be a blast to shoot some bite work, but have no idea who would be doing that around here.

20. :tongue:

That's one cute pup!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.