One In a Billion Shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haze2, Aug 8, 2007.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    A friend just sent me an email with these amazing photos. Some of them have credits and some don't, but I didn't shoot any of them. Sadly they were not attached files so I had to screen save them as bit mapped images, convert them to jpeg, and save them as sRGB. They lost some quality but the impact of the capture remains.

View attachment 110239

The credit shows this photo is by Miguel Lasa. http://miguel-lasa.smugmug.com/
    View attachment 110240

View attachment 110241

The credit shows this photo is by Miguel Lasa. http://miguel-lasa.smugmug.com/
    View attachment 110242

View attachment 110243

View attachment 110244

View attachment 110245

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  2. I guess it's all about timing (and not being so excited about the shot that you miss it). Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Wish the raptor ones were mine!

4. Wow Haze, these are amazing. I wonder if your friend is OK with posting them here? In any event they are beautiful images that any of us would be proud to have taken. As Brian said, it is about timing.

5. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Gordon, I thought the same thing so I asked her before I posted. She said they were forwarded to her and she sent them on to her friends. I'm assuming that since they are in the public domain, and I'm not trying to sell them or take credit for them, it would be OK to post. I'll look into that issue a bit more, but all I'm really trying to do is share these remarkable images with other photo enthusiasts.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  6. Miguel Lasa (the Osprey shots) frequents Naturescapes. My sister sent me the same email about 2 wks ago. I meant to email Miguel to let him know just in case but never did.

7. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Kevin. I edited his pictures to give him a credit and show a link to his site. I also sent him a note telling him about the post. Hopefully he will allow us to continue to enjoy his great work.

8. cuttooth

cuttooth Guest

nice diversion. thanks